Thursday, 26 January 2017

More From December

At the time I did the December post (here)  I did not include a few things (actually I forgot about these), so here is the "real" 2016 wrap up.
 
In the time between Christmas & New Year it was very hot, so I hid downstairs in my sewing room where it is significantly cooler than the rest of the house, and I quilted.  It was rather blissful to just sit quietly and sew after the crazy month I'd had.
 
This little quilt was made for Stitching Hearts by Jill.  I'd had it here to quilt for months.  I did a simple open meander in the centre, and stitched in the ditch for the borders.
 

Here is a close up of the stitching.


Jill's quilts are always so pretty.  It was a joy to quilt.  I pieced together some binding from toning yellows to finish that off.

Next up I finished off my Scrap Dance Quickstep for Stitching Hearts, made from a tutorial by Carole who blogs at From My Carolina Home.  The pattern is available from her Etsy store here.  That was such a fun project to make!  My friend Robin (from Stitching Hearts) quilted it. 

 
She did such a perfect job, I was delighted.  She said she wanted a quilt pattern which was modern and a bit funky, and as far as I'm concerned she got it spot on.


 
I loads of that blue/grey background, so I used that to bind it with.
 
In case you are interested, Carole has a new mystery quilt which started up this week.  Go take a look here.
 
We had the final meeting of the year for my church craft group Buttons, at Joyce's home.  She always puts on a little crafty thingy for us to do, and this year was no exception.  We made little stockings from scraps of felt, ric rac and beads. 
 
 
And lastly I want to tell you about a book I've read recently.  There are a couple of places here where I live, which have a freebie book exchange.  You take one or leave one, whatever.  I picked this up just before Christmas and polished it off during the holiday.

 
Marliss Melton is a new to me author.  You can read a bit more about her, and her books by clicking on this link here.  I enjoyed this book.  It was a thriller mystery set in the US with the central characters a Navy SEAL and his next door neighbour who finds herself as the target of a serial murderer.  There is a romance thrown in which adds some spice to the story.  I am definitely going to be looking for more books by this author, and I'm delighted that she seems to have a series of titles about Navy SEALS.
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching

5 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts and beautiful quilting. You have had a productive ' hiding from the heat hiatus'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great jobs on the quilts. I love your Scrap Dance Quickstep. It is gorgeous and yes, Carole did nailed the quilting on this one. So love it! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Dasha! The Quickstep pattern is now available in my Craftsy store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous finishes! Will look out for that book, thanks for recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finishes Dasha...nice to be able to get away from the heat. Nothing better than a good old read is there!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog