Part of the problem is that the powers that be have decided that Picasa should be removed from usage. It has taken me totally by surprise, so when I went to upload some photos during the week I couldn't do it the way I normally do. It appears that now I have to use Google Photos. You know something? I HATE Google Photos. It is so user unfriendly you just wouldn't believe. I absolutely loathe the way it wants to group everything for you into themes and insists you tag all the faces. Well I have managed to remove that, but how do you sort the photos? Manually of course. How I wish they would bring back Picasa!! Any thoughts on that one??
Now that I have had my whinge of the week, I can show you what I have been up to.
First up, Last week I showed you a top I had under way. It is now complete, and I took it to Stitching Hearts for backing and batting. It is a small lap size which will likely go to a nursing home or some such.
I have called this quilt "U-Turns". I have also realised that I have not credited the original maker. I was inspired by a similar quilt at Linda's Quiltmania, but as I made the quilt from memory, mine is a bit different.
This is a closer look.
It was such a great way to use up 2.5" strips, and so much fun! I just used scraps, but I should imagine that if you used a jelly roll or perhaps one colourway it would look stunning. Just the fact that Linda used white for her pathway gives a totally different look.
Also this week I have (finally) finished off knitting a sleeveless vest for my mother-in-law. Don't look too closely - it has some major bloopers in it.
It is the second one I have made for her. I made her one in 2008, and she wore it to death. So much so that last year when I was in the UK, when we were clearing out her apartment for sale, we found it with all its tattered edges and pockets and bits that were falling off. Brigid asked me to make another. I found it very hard work as I have arthritis in the joints of my hands and so it took me forever to knit it. All done and dusted now, and we can post it off to her in the UK.
Also last week, the friend of the mother of one of my friends at Friday Quilters (did you get that??) sent in 2 quilt tops as a donation to Stitching Hearts.
They were too big for a cot quilt and too small for a single bed. So I unpicked the centre seam, and ended up with 4 tops from 2. Bonus!! Here is one half of the quilt top above.
A couple of simple borders in primary colours, and the first one is done. It is now suitable as a cot quilt or one for a small single bed.
The fabrics are all novelties, so they will make fabulous I Spy quilts for a child. The fabrics in the photo above are all sorts of things, and the close up below, you will see is all food.
I've had neighbours here for lunch, so I think it is about time I wound this up and settled in for a quiet evening.
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.