Monday, 22 August 2016

Shopping

In my last post I mentioned that Jo and I had "just happened" to do a bit of shopping.  Hee hee.  Jo needed some backing fabrics for 2 quilts, and both were a somewhat unusual colour, so she asked if I minded going past a shop or two on our way to the show last Friday.  Mind?? Does a duck swim??

The first shop we stopped at was on the way to Newcastle, sort of.  It was Patchwork by the Lake in the Main street of Boolaroo.  There's no web page, but they are on Facebook if you have a FB account. 

 
Can you see the fabulous pressed ceiling in the photo below?
 
 
Its an amazing shop actually as Boolaroo is a tiny, tiny place in an out of the way village and yet there is a fabulous shop there, with an enormous range of fabrics.   

I picked up 3 gorgeous pieces of fabric there. 

 
The blue floral is going to be the sashing on a little child's quilt, and the 2 yellows are just because.
 
By the time we headed off we were thinking of morning tea, so we stopped at a coffee shop in Adamstown, just next door to Quilt Essentials in Adamstown.

 
Lovely shop with a great range of fabrics and lovely welcoming staff.
 
I picked up the pattern on the right in this photo.
 
 
Its hard to tell from the photo, but it is a little round bin with a spring which allows the bin to fold up flat. 
 
On the left of the above photo is a Wendy Williams set of pin cushions I bought at the show.  I chose to buy the kit for the middle one.  Such a fun set of pin cushions!
 
Next stop was the Stitches & Craft Show at Newcastle.  I told you about that in my last post here
 
I picked up some Robison Anton threads (which I love to use for quilting), some sewing machine needles, and a quilt weight.


Mr Scissorman was there as always.  I needed a new pair of embroidery scissors.  The little job on the left of the photo below is a pair of travel scissors I will be able to take on planes.


The Western Sydney Woodworking Group had a stall there.  I love wooden things, and found a letter opener, magnifying glass and a thingy to open and close quilting pins.  Anyone know what they are called?  There's also a cute little spinning top which they gave me for my little grandson.


And then it was time to go.  But Jo was still looking for fabrics, so we decided to check out the other shops in the vicinity.

We found Zig Zag Sewing at Georgetown.  Love that shop! 

And then On Point Patchwork & Needlecraft at Waratah where I found a range of Civil War fabrics.

 
You'd think I would have enough of those by now, but no.  These just had to come home with me.
 
So that was our day.  Exhausting!  But so much fun.  Thanks Jo for doing all that driving.
 
And after all that, Jo did find some backing fabric for one of her quilts.
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a successful shopping venture! The tool for opening and closing quilt pins is known as a Kwik Klip here, I guess that's the "brand name". I just call it a handy little tool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fab day out Dasha... good on you... & all those lovely new fabrics will inspire you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shopping day! You're lucky to have so many quilting shops so close at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun places to visit and great fabric to choose from!
    Ah yes, everyone should have a wooden thingy ..... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a super fun shopping day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect day and lots of goodies to show for it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dasha what a wonderful time you had and love your new purchases,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You really scored big! A special day out with a friend AND.lots of quilty treasures!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog