Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Quillos

Early last year I decided to make some quillos for a special family of four kids to be gifted for Christmas. You may have read my posts of the first two I made here and here.  Despite starting on this project nice and early in the year, as Christmas drew near, I still had two to go.  I was on a mission to get them finished.  When there are four kids, you can't favour one over another, so it was all four or none at all.
 
This one is for a little girl of 6.  The pattern is of fairies and elves on a navy background which I have had for a long time. 
 
 
Here it is folded up into a pillow......

 
I did an open meander for the quilting and the backing is a pink which tones with the bright pink flowers on the front.

For the last quillo, which was for a little boy of 15 months, I chose some Bob the Builder fabric.  His Dad is a builder, so I thought that was perfect.

 
This one is quilted on the diagonal into diamond shapes, and has a Pokémon fabric on the reverse in a mustardy yellow.

Here it is in pillow form.


And here are all four laid out......


And the pillow fronts....


 
And the pillow backs....


Can you tell I am pleased with them?

I got the last one finished in time to wrap and give for Christmas.  Whew!  Sadly I couldn't give the gifts in person, but I am told that they were well received. 

Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Dasha what a lovely lady you are,such beautiful gifts for this family,your quills are so cute,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous fabrics Dasha - I am sure they are very much loved. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely gifts Dasha, I'm sure those children were thrilled with them. Love the fairy fabric, and what little guy wouldn't love Bab the builder...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are great -- it is hard to sew for a group. Lovely work. I'm not sure exactly how a quillo works. A pillow/quilt combo -- does it fold into itself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those quillows are so wonderful - great on a chilly night in front of the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love quillows. I made 39 of them one year and cleared out a TON of stash! LOL they are always well received and my nieces like to keep them in the car. folded into a pillow then can be opened if needed for the kiddos etc.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog