Saturday, 28 November 2015

RSC 2015 The End is Near

November marks the end of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge run by Angela at SoScrappy.  This year November is the time to sew with lime green scraps.

When I rummaged through my scraps I realised lime was conspicuous by its' absence.  Then I checked what I had made earlier in the year when I was supposed to be making dark green blocks and discovered I had all shades of green made.  So I just pulled a variety of light and dark green scraps to make my blocks.  I figure it will all work out in the end.

I started off by finishing the Twinkler stars I had laid out ready to sew - I showed them to you here.  Those ones were joined by a whole lot more.

 
I have an idea for layout for these, and will get into that as soon as I have pieced the Indigo ones.  I am getting impatient to see if my idea works.
 
Next I got stuck into the Bow Tie blocks and made 17 of those.  One little Indigo one jumped in under my needle and got made.

 
That's not a problem as I didn't get any Indigo blocks made when it was their turn.
 
I had a better run with the Crossroads block.  There seemed to be enough lime and light green strips to cut what I needed for a limish block.

 
On a roll, I made the Indigo Crossroads block too.

 
That's my RSC sewing for this week.
 
Why not go take a look at what the others have created for the RSC this week here.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching

19 comments:

  1. Great progress this week. Looks like you are ready to start putting quilts together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of sewing for you this week! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look very limey and will make three colorful quilts for sure. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are going to have a lovely group of scrappy quilts soon, I see. I'm anxious to see your layout plan for the Twinklers. I may follow suit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely collections make great quilts. Great work at reaching back into the bins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It looks like YOU made up for all of the sewing that DIDN'T get done at my house!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you were on a roll this week! I love those lime crossroads blocks: super fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job Dasha at catching up. Can't wait to see the quilts these great blocks will make. Enjoy ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the variety of colors, like adding indigo. Makes it lively. The Crossroads block is new to me. Where did you find it? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blocks Dasha! Looking forward to seeing the quilts you make! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good! Can't wait to see your idea for setting the Twinkler blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't get much sewing done this week, what with vacuuming and squash-killing. I'm glad to see you were making up for it! Gorgeous blocks! I'm looking forward to seeing your twinklies all together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to seeing these quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You finished a lot this week. Looking forward to seeing how you finish off these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of eye candy here today. Beautiful colors, prints and blocks. Can't believe it's almost December.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your stars...my goodness you have been sewing up a storm x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to see all these put together! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog