I have been participating in the Scrap Dance Mystery quilt that Carole has been running at From My Carolina Home. She has been posting the clues to this monthly. Thanks Carole, I have really enjoyed this one.
In August, we had a 3 week trip to the UK which sort of left me way out of time to do the last two steps. And then the reveal was posted a day or two after our return.
I was a good girl! I didn't peek at the reveal post until I had finished steps 5 & 6. I got myself together and completed these two steps a week or so back.
This is step 5.
And this is step 6.
Here are all the pieced rows. I made myself play with them to see if I could figure out the design before I looked. I tried a number of different layouts, but I had to put my dunce cap on because I just couldn't figure it out.
So then I allowed myself to check out the reveal post. It was 2 blocks, which I had kind of worked out for myself. This is block 1 ready to sew.
And this is block 2.
So I started to sew them up. I began with block 1, and made up 10 of them. Getting ready to iron them, I found this.
Ooops! Quick flick of the unpicker (my favourite tool) and back to the sewing machine. I fixed it. Before the quilt was completed Carole. LOL. Carole did a wonderful post on how to fix a completed quilt here.
Here are my first 10 block 1s. I am planning to make a few of the block 2s this weekend. Its a long weekend here, so I have a bonus day.
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.