Saturday, 26 September 2015

Hello Orange

September is the month for orange scraps in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at SoScrappy.

With all that has been going on here lately, yesterday morning at Friday Quilters was the first time I managed to have a play with orange.  I decided to start with some twinkler blocks, and made a start on 10 little 6.5" blocks.  I got the last of them done this afternoon.

 
I won't get any more of these done as I have run out of scraps.  If I make any more I will be doubling and tripling up on the fabrics I have already used, and I wanted to avoid doing that as much as possible in this challenge.
 
One of the things I love about working with one colour each month is that there are just so many shades of each colour.  This one is way on the red spectrum of the colour orange. (Love the little bicycles!)

 
And this next one is way over on the yellow side.

 
And this one is decidedly peachy.


I'm hoping to do a bit more orange scrappy sewing through this next week.  In the mean time, head on over and see what others have done this week on this link here.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

19 comments:

  1. You're right about the shades of orange, and you've got the lot in your ten blocks. I love the variation in shades. I think it would be great to make an ombre (ombré?) quilt in orange and off white using the whole range of orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all your twinkly little blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stars - it's going to be fun to see how you incorporate them into a quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dasha ,what beautiful colours these blocks are,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you finally had time to dig into your orange scraps. What a great variety of shades. I never thought of orange as being quite that varied.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous range of oranges. The blend beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bright orange twinkler blocks. You are going to have a great rainbow quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was surprised to realize that there were so many shades of orange. Love your stars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely assortment of oranges and Twinklers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your little blocks, love your oranges. Nice variety.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice variety of orange tones and fabrics. And I love those stars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely orange fabrics in your twinklers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gotta have all the shades and you do. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy, happy Twinkler blocks! What fun to see all your orange scraps and the color variations of orange ('cuz I love orange!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your stars all look great together Dasha and yes, there are so many different shades of orange. Odd though because I don't think I have any orange in my stash!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your twinklers always make me smile, and I love them even more in orange. (And what beautiful oranges you have to play with!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that a great collection of blocks Dasha... & yes there sure is a great variation in the colours...

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many little twinklers! I love how you've incorporated the full range of oranges too.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog