Saturday, 25 July 2015

A Little Bit of Red

All year, I have participated in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge run by Angela at soscrappy.  The colour for the month of July 2015 is Red.  Although it's one of my favourite colours in all its variations, sadly, I've had little time to sew this month, and haven't had a chance to link up all month.

So on with what I have done.

First up, I have made all 22 Bow Tie blocks I had prepped to do for this month.

 
I found I didn't have too many "real" reds.  In the six blocks you can see below there is everything from purple red, through to a colour which is almost orange, and there's even something that looks pink set against the other reds.

 
I have also made about half the Twinkler Stars I have prepped. 

 
There's a whole variety of reds in that lot too!
 
To see what other red goodies people have made this week pop over to soscrappy for the weekly Rainbow Scrap Challenge link up.
 
This week end is all about Bridge.  We are playing all day on both days at a congress organised by one of the local clubs.  Pairs today, but we didn't all that well.  We will need to brush up our game a bit though, so we don't let down our team mates tomorrow in the Teams event.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching

20 comments:

  1. Have fun at your Bridge. Glad you found time to get so e of your reds sewn up, The variety is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bow-ties and twinkle stars; I'm surprised you got any sewing done this week. Enjoy the bridge, whatever the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the card party. Bridge is a game I never learned to play but I know is a great favourite with others. It's so nice to see the wide range of all that is red. Bow ties and twinklers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your blocks look GREAT!! (And I love the fact that you included that RED plaid in your selection of prints!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had trouble coming up with reds, too. Yours look wonderful!
    Good luck with bridge! (I tried learning back in high school where some of my friends were in the Bridge Club, but couldn't wrap my brain around the bidding. "What do you mean, 'two diamonds' doesn't mean 'two diamonds'?!?")

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing red blocks. I love them both. Seeing your twinkles makes me want to sew some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lovely blocks--they are building up well! soon you will have a whole lot...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dasha I am enjoying watching you made your blocks in colours,I don't have that many reds in my stash either,hope you do well with bridge this weekend .xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cards but never learned bridge. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is funny about red isn't it. I have my embroidery threads in boxes for each colour and there is hardly anything in the red box as all the other 'red's' seem to fit better in other boxes! Your blocks look great. Enjoy the bridge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks are looking lovely Dasha.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your red blocks look great. I agree about red. There are so many shades of red and I'm never sure if they truly match. However, I fink that when all those shades of red, you know, red/orange and red/blue and red/purple, etc all mixed up looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy bow ties! You've covered the whole range in that color family - be proud of that accomplishment! Hope you do well in the bridge competition. My folks played weekly games but I never did learn the game.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's some lovely quilting! And as you say -- not all the colors are "red" exactly, but it's very true that the overall effect is very definitely RED, so it works well, I think. I like the variations of color very much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your variety of reds! Good luck on bridge. I never learned the game although my parents used to play every weekend with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your reds Dasha. they will make a very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful bow tie blocks. They're so much fun. Red is one color I struggled with. Mine are mostly muted and lean to dark. I had to go buy a few Ftqrs which were lighter and a tad more modern. Your Twinklers are cute too!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog