Saturday, 13 June 2015

Some More Blues

June in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is the Blue month, so I added a few blocks in blue.

First up I made some more blue Twinkler Stars.  Earlier this year we made dark blue stars, and this month we were to concentrate on the lighter blues.

Here are all the stars from both earlier this year, plus those I made this week.


I now have:

6 x pale blue
3 x teal
7 x mid blue
5 x dark blue

Reviewing the stars I've made in previous months, I think I will have to make a lot more.  In some months I only made 4 stars.  So for the rest of June, I think as time permits I will simply make up bunches of the previous months colours so I have 12 or so of each colour.  And looking at that photo above, I think I should probably try and make a few more teal ones too.

I also got a few Bow Tie blocks made.  These are such fun to do!

 
I do like that setting for the Bow Ties.
 
I am linking up again tonight with Angela's blog SoScrappy.  Why not pop over and take a look at the other Rainbow things created this week.
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching

23 comments:

  1. Your blocks are great! I like the bowtie block setting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The twinkler stars are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blues make such a great combination. I love the way the twinklers graduate from dark to light. The lights really twinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... I look at both of your blocks, and I think I need some of each! Gee thanks. Luckily, I still have tons of scraps.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dasha,I love these blue blocks,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The twinklers are so much fun! I see hugs and kisses in those bow ties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my favourite setting for bow-ties too. Great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Twinkler Blocks. Those blues and teals are prefect. I like the bow tie blocks too. That's a project on my bucket list. I may have to sneak it in as a second RSC project next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your latest blocks look great - I love both of these quilt block patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Dasha! Lots more pretty blue blocks! I love blue... it is one of my favourite colours and your blocks look great! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you get caught up, be sure to post them all for us. They will be terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like both patterns very much and that teal color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the twinkle stars, this would make a great row quilt...what are you going to do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Twinklers are going to look amazing at the end of the year, love your range of blues there.
    Bow Tie blocks are coming along a treat, love the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what fun those twinkler stars are! Looks like a starry sky in the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two lovely projects! I like that bowtie setting the best too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blue blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two great block patterns. I think bow ties have been added to my list for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All these blue blocks look wonderful!! I like that setting for the bow ties too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi Dasha. Looks great. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like those happy stars at the top -- how they are just slightly tilted. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You caught the twinkler bug! are you going to spread the colors out or group them??

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog