Thursday, 25 June 2015

Naughty, Naughty

Yep.  That's me.

I have been watching an online mystery QAL for a little while, and the other day I caved.  Carole at My Carolina Home is running it, and there are a couple of bloggers I visit doing this QAL.  I've been holding out for ages, but the other day I made the fatal mistake of visiting Carole's blog.  The rest is history....

I have a lot of blues and greens in my stash, so I have chosen to do this in blues, greys and greens. 

Here is my little pile of cutting

 
There have been 4 steps of this mystery revealed and step 1 is the cutting and preparation of the HSTs.

 
I have trimmed about half of them now using my Bloc Loc ruler.  It is a magic quilting tool.  Makes trimming so easy. 

 
Once I get the trimming done, that will be step one finished.
 
The baby quilt I have been working on lately is complete and waiting for borders.  I went up yesterday to by some fabric for the borders and am hoping to get them sewn on by the end of this weekend.
 
 
I spent hours laying the blocks out on the floor and shuffling them around to ensure an even spread of fabrics.  So why has this corner got so many spots??

 
There are 12 squares visible in this section and 9 of them are made with spotty fabrics!!  And that's not counting the white tone on tone spots I have used in the corners of the snowballs.
 
Til Next Time.....Keep on Stitching.

7 comments:

  1. Dasha, you'll love using all those greens & blues from your stash to make the mystery quilt, maybe you were destined to make it!

    Don't worry about the spots, the lucky baby won't notice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fatal to go and look.... I have to resist looking otherwise I would cave too! The fabrics and half squares are looking good... Looking forward to watching the progress. Your baby quilt is really sweet! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dasha wow your QAL sounds like fun and that baby quilt is gorgeous,i love how it looks and i also love spots,lol,enjoy your evening my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby blankie is so lovely -- I love the texture it looks to have. As for that other project -- you're talking in a foreign tongue :)
    QAL? HST? Quilt-a-long? Sounds like fun -- sounds like you've got yourself started on another piece of fun! This is your favorite stage in the project ... right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your mystery and your pink quilt. I know that Pinterest and blogs and Jenny at Missouri Star Quilting are my downfall. I want to make it ALL. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your baby quilt looks fantastic - don't worry about the spots, only you will notice. I do love a mystery quilt - good job this is the first I've heard about yours and I can heed the warning! Love the colours you have chosen. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been watching that QAL too, but have resisted so far... Yours will be lovely with the greens and blues, a combo I really like. The pink baby quilt is beautiful! I have to get going on two baby quilts, for my niece who is having twin girls this summer.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog