Sunday, 28 June 2015

Goodbye to the Blues

The colour of the month for June in the RSC is mid blues.  I finished off my Crossroads block in blue.
 
 
And then I thought you might like to see what they look like together.

 
Interesting pattern emerging with this block as I am adding the extra blocks.
 
I then added 10 more purple Twinkler Star blocks.  If you recall in my last post, I mentioned that I only had a few Twinklers in the colours of the first three months.
 
 
And here they all are. 

 
I am really happy with the way that the colours shade from light to dark in each of the colours.  It is most pronounced I think in the purple and maybe the yellows too.  Perhaps that's because they are grouped in a bunch.  All the other colours are more or less in rows.

 
I have also been making the Twinkler stars in a large 12" size.  They are OK, but I far and away prefer the small 6" ones.

 
It's only when I laid them out this afternoon to photograph them that I realised that I have two pale blue one.  I will have to make another in darker blues.
 
I'm awfully  late linking this up.  We were out most of yesterday and I had my middle grand daughter, Miss 12, here today sewing a cushion up.
 
Click here to go to Angela's blog SoScrappy to see what the others have made this week.
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

16 comments:

  1. What fun, seeing them all together. Will you manage the final layout going from light to dark within the colours, as well as through the rainbow, do you think? Then the little twinkled stars will really twinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun scraps. Love the twinkle stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks Dasha! I love the twinkler stars and seeing them all laid out together they look realy lovely! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dasha,wow lots of wonderful blocks,how wonderful your GD sewed a cushion,she is very clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are lovely. I really enjoy the variety in your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Twinkler Blocks look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The twinklers are so sweet in the smaller size, but it will come together much faster with bigger blocks. Making great progress on many fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those little twinklers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen the Crossroads block, but I plan to save it because it looks like it can be done all with charms, about my speed. The twinkle stars are so cute, and the rainbow effect is very nice. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh your two projects are moving along at a great pace and so nice to see the array of blocks.
    I must post one of my projects for the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your star blocks look great laid out Dasha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow -- I love both those quilts as they are coming together. the effect is quite pleasing! That first one, with the white squares, I really like -- neat! And the color variations in the star quilt are fun to see. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it interesting to learn what pleases us and what doesn't so much? I just love seeing these little rainbow stars. :- )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your blocks. They look great grouped together. Are your ready to play with some red scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice blocks for a few nice quilts. love them

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your scrappiness looks wonderful. I am so impressed with all you gals who consistently sew the color of the month.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog