Wednesday, 13 May 2015

WIP on My Hand Sewing Projects

I thought it was time I shared with you my progress on the hand sewing projects I took with me on my recent trip overseas.  I first talked about them here.
 
I had little time to sew while I was away.  By the time evening came around and I could sit down most nights I was exhausted.  However, I did get the applique done on these little jobs. 
 
 
These hexagons are quilt as you go, so the next job is to put the backing on them, and then they will be 5 little coasters for my daughter to add to those I have already made for her.
 
The other item I took was the nightmare cross stitch kit.  This is not even weave linen, and the colour of the vine around the outside is very light so it blends with the background fabric.  It has been very difficult to stitch.   

 
I am close to finishing the embroidery, then I will need to make it up into a little pillow, the makings of which are part of the kit I bought.
 
Linking this post up with WIP at Freshly Pieced when the link goes up.
 
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Dasha! Love your hexagons and I admire you for taking on the cross stitch pattern.... my eyes at the end of a busy day would not have been able to cope with that linen and those colours! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dasha your hexies are so cute and love cross stitch and yours is stunning,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's certainly a subtilely coloured cross stitch piece. What a nightmare doing such small cross stitches when you can't count the threads. I bet you're relieved it's nearly done. It's beautiful, so well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nightmare embroidery lol love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hexagon coasters look good, Dasha. The cross stitch is looking good. I'm sure it will be all worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog