Saturday, 9 May 2015

Saying Hello to Green

We got home from Germany on Tuesday and I finally got to sit at my machine on Thursday afternoon for the first time in 5 weeks.  Yay!

I decided to do some blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Green is the colour of the month for the month of May, so I chose to do the Crossroads Block.


I used all dark greens in this block.  That way, if I need to make an extra block or two I can make a light green one and they will look different.

Flushed with success, I made a purple Crossroads block.  It was the only RSC block which I didn't manage to make last month before we left for overseas.

 
In this photo, all the fabrics have a distinctly blue tinge.  They are however, very purple, and the light squares are white.

Yesterday was my morning at Friday Quilters.  With dozens of things that I could have done, I needed to pick up something that didn't need planning to take with me.  So I grabbed these fabrics and made up 2 laundry bags for Aussie Hero Quilts.

 
They came together quickly because I had done all the prep work.  This lot look blue as well!  You probably can't see it very well, but the one on the left has hundreds of little black skeletons on a yellow gold background.  I worried a little with these as the cord channel and the surround on the name block are purple on both bags.  I hope they aren't seen as too feminine, but they are a good match for the main fabrics and pick out an existing colour in both bags.

Linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC linky party.  Why not go and take a look at what the others have created this week?

Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

18 comments:

  1. Hi. Dasha welcome back ,those bags are lovely,I bet you went through sewing withdrawal for those 5 weeks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I have to catch up on my purples too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some green. Hubby and I are away right now, and I'm missing my machine so much! I won't tell hubby tho : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to be home isn't it? You have done a lot of sewing in just two days! The crossroads block looks an interesting one to make; I imagine they create another design when the blocks are joined. Must try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome home Dasha! Good to see your smiling face! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job playing catch up. Love your blicks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you got a bit of catching up done. Both blocks are pretty. I have problems with my camera capturing purple well, it always has a blue tone to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! You did a great job on the crossroads block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a great trip! You've made a great start back at your sewing machine! Happy Mother's Day! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear that you are home. Love those Crossroads blocks. Very nice laundry bags. Thank you for the tutorial link.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must feel great to be back to seeing again. Welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your home and settled back into a normal routine!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to see back blogging again after your trip and back into sewing! Crossroads block is making a neat scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun blocks!! It can be so hard to get colours right in photos. I don't think the cord channel looks to feminine, I know these laundrey bags will be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back! Those laundry bags are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice work! Those blocks up there are nice -- they have a 3D look that is pleasing. Nice to have you back at your machine!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog