The purpose of this award is for bloggers to nominate fellow, mostly newer, bloggers that they wish to recognize. The goal is to bring attention to blogs that we think are 'lovely' and enjoy reading. We hope others will enjoy reading these blogs also.
In order to accept the award the nominated blogger must:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.
1. I have been crafting since I was very young, starting with doll's clothes, then sewing clothing and knitting for myself. I also learnt embroidery at school, which I loathed. Since then I have sewn clothes for family and friends, curtains, and other soft furnishings. Nowadays I tend to stick to patchwork, sometimes a bit of embroidery and almost exclusively for charity.
|Some of the charity quilts I have made in the last 12 months|
2. I have always wanted to travel. When I was a child and people asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up, the answer from a very early age was "travel". So there must be some gypsy in my genes somewhere.
I have just returned home from a month in the UK and Germany.
3. I am really interested in family history, and have traced mine way back to beyond the early 1700s.
Meet my great great great grandmother, Maria Ivanovna Scheele nee des Fontaines, who was born in 1800 in Archangel, Russia. This is the oldest image I own of a direct ancestor,
I do research at the Mitchell Library (main state library) into early Australian History for an on-line database called the Biographical Database of Australia (BDA), and I have been involved with that organisation since its earliest stages. Almost all of my trips interstate and overseas involve a visit to an archive, and the current one is no exception.
4. My Dearly Beloved and I have one adult daughter, a son-in-law, three beautiful grand daughters and a 7 month old foster grand son. This is my family and the reason for my existence. We also have a beloved feline fur baby, called Tibby.
5. I have taught my daughter and all three grand daughters to sew. Love to help them create and I encourage them as much as I can. Love it when they "shop my stash" or ask if they can come over to sew.
6. I grew up dual language, and speak, read and write Russian. Sadly, no longer very fluently as I don't get to use it these days.
7. I worked in the computer industry for 25 years, mostly as a consultant, and specialised in testing software for medium to large companies. Loved it. I have been retired now for 12 years.
Now for the fun part. I have chosen some of my favourite blogs for you to visit. I have a rather long blog list, so please don't be offended if I have omitted yours - its only because it was really hard to choose. They are in no particular order.
Carole at Wheels on the Warrandyte Bus
M.K. at Through a Glass Darkly
Chris at U.K. City Crafter
Chantal at At the Corner of Scrap and Quilts
Rachel at Blue Mountains Daisy
Christine at MacDonald's Patch
Sally at Feather on a Wire
Carol at Fresh Off the Frame
Tracy at Outback Craftaholic
Lyn at Liniecat @ Large
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.