Saturday, 30 May 2015

Last Week of Green

This year, the colour of the month for May in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge that Angela runs has been green.

Somehow, May whizzed past me in a blur.  For starters we didn't get back from overseas until the 5th.  Being away for a month meant a huge backlog of "stuff" that needed attention, and then last weekend I went on retreat. 

Nevertheless, I have managed to keep up with the challenge this month.  Firstly I made a handful of green Twinkler Stars the day before I left for the retreat, and made the rest last night.

 
While on the retreat, I got stuck into chain piecing my Bow Tie blocks one evening.  I had prepped them before I left, so it was easy peasy.

 
They came together quickly, and soon there were 15.

 
Looking at these photos has made me realise that the blocks are all pretty dark.  I am hoping that in the end when I put them all together, they will blend into the other rainbow colours and won't look too dull.
 
Also while on retreat, I put together the scrappy 25 patch blocks I made for the RSC last year.  Here it is ready to sew together.
 
 
I wanted to make it up in a 3 x 4 layout, so I had to make 2 extra blocks.  The extra ones are the pale blue top left and the pale pink third row middle. 
 
I got most of it done at the retreat - just 2 borders to sew on and I can show the completed top.  It will go with me on Thursday next week to Stitching Hearts, and is destined for Ronald McDonald House.  It will be the first time in 2 months that I've been to Stitching Hearts so I'm really looking forward to going.
 
Linking this post up to the link party at SoScrappy.  Why not pop over and see what other green goodies people have made this week.
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

13 comments:

  1. The 25 patch block quilt turned out great. Have a great time at Stitching Hearts. I'm headed to our guild Ronald McDonald House "sew-in" tomorrow afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've clearly been making up for lost time! I love the twinkle stars, and I don't think the bow-ties are dull. The 25-patch blocks are a great way of combining scraps, but how big/small are the little squares?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've gotten lots of wonderful blocks made up. I really like those bowties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to have things ready to stitch isn't it? I felt like my green blocks were a little dull too. June will be a lot more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy, Dasha. Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You accomplished so much at retreat. Your bowties and twinklers look great. Good to get a top put together with last year's RSC blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you got busy on that retreat! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it good to have a dedicated time to quilt with other quilters and you certainly packed a lot in. Love your bow ties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think the bowties will be too dark and will blend nicely. Always love a Twinkler block. I didn't know you had Ronald McDonald houses over there too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like those stars, very pretty. And the scrappy quilt -- it's so colorful and happy. Glad you are getting back into your nice routine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the 25 patches. What a great project for Ronald McDonald House.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blocks. Must try some 25-patch blocks next year.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog