Saturday, 4 April 2015

Purple, purple, purple.

Does anyone dislike purple?  I love purple.  It is one of my favourite colours.

Purple is the colour of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge run by Angela at SoScrappy.

I have been busy.  We are actually going overseas to visit the Dearly Beloved's mother and family, so I wanted to squeeze in as much as possible before we left.  We leave on Tuesday.  Yikes!!  Only 2 days left before we leave.

First up I made 10 little Bow Tie blocks.

 
These end up 6.5" and I am loving making them.
 
Flushed with success, I made the larger Twinkler Star block, which is 12.5".

 
Then I powered on an started on the small Twinklers.
 
Oops.....

 
A quick unpick with my trusty seam ripper and then there were 4....

 
This is almost certainly all I will manage before we leave.  It is also probably the last time I will be able to blog before we get home in May.  I am taking my small laptop, but I have no idea what the Internet service is like at my sister-in-law's.  If I can, I'll do a couple of posts while I am away.
 
Meanwhile do pop into Angela's blog here, and see what others have managed this week. 
 
And if you have an Instagram account, don't forget to post your RSC creations at the hashtag I have created - #rainbowscrapchallenge2015  I haven't seen any of you do that yet.
 
See you in a while Crocodile.
 
Til then.....Keep on stitching.
 

21 comments:

  1. I don't have an Instagram, but maybe I should try? Have a fabulous trip. So glad you got some sewing in first,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love purple too! only I don't have much in my scrap box so cut into a FQ this morning. Enjoy your trip to wherever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for purple! I love seeing all the fabrics in your blocks! I will try to use the RSC hashtag and post some pics to IG. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dasha,your blocks look fantastic,well done and safe travels my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your purple stars! I have a sad, neglected instagram- I'm trying to use it more... anyway- maybe would the RSC15 hashtag be easier than writing the whole thing out? just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my closest quilting friends hates purple. I prefer the blue purples to the red purples. You have some very lovely purples in with your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I love those Twinklers! Never thought of a bigger one. Might be quick use of scraps for a kid's donation quilt. Have a nice trip. I don't do Facebook or Instagram and probably never will!

    ReplyDelete
  8. later, 'gator.
    I just love those twinkling star blocks. And purple. It will be a fun month of color. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute blocks. I never had a thing for purple, but I do love the plum colour ; )
    Enjoy your trip

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lookin' pretty in purple! Have a great trip! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful blocks. Yes I'm not fond of purple. Funny I have two kids whose favorite color is purple.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dasha! Love your pretty purple blocks! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those twinkler stars! They really do sparkle. have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those sparkling stars--all of your blocks are lovely--Spring must be coming soon...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  15. travel safe and have a lovely time away............the purple blocks look good..........

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, the lovely purpleness of it all! :-) great blocks; what a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dasha, on the Instagram thing, I use it on my iPhone, but take most of my in-process pix with my camera and post them on my blog. Pix on a computer cannot be transferred to Instagram, only iOS pix (iPad or iPhone or Android). Double work if we maintain a blog... just saying’ (PS, I love Instagram, too).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job on the purple... I don't know how many times I did that same thing when I was making oodles of blue stars for my son's quilt! Safe travels to you and enjoy your visit. No instagram account for me... I get in enough trouble with FB.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dasha, these all look fabulous. I can just imagine you will be missing your studio. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing some pictures of your vacation to the in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful purple progress! Have a wonderful trip. Sorry. I don't do Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh you have a lovely selection of purples in these blocks.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog