Friday, 20 March 2015

What to Do

....when you have dozens of UFOs? 

You start a new project of course!

Last Friday my friend Joan had some magazines, and her folder of inspirations with her.  And I saw Something I Wanted to Make.  LOL.  I resisted all afternoon, and then I caved as I knew I would eventually.  Weak willed I am!

I sorted out my 2.5" strips into colours and laid them all out on the ironing board by the time I had to stop to make dinner.  Love all those lush colours in the stacks.

 
I chose to go with a blue/green purple colour scheme as that is what I had most of.  By Monday afternoon, I had sewn all the strips into threes.  Like so. 
 
 
See the stack on the right?  That middle strip which is actually 2 fabrics, was part of a baby quilt I made for my first grand daughter - she is now 14.  'Bout time it was used.   I hadn't made much of a dent in the stacks I was working on though.
 
Next step was to chop all the strip sets into 6" squares.....

 
And then they had some triangles sewn on.....

 
The triangles are cut from a lovely soft palest of pale blue batiks.  Hard to see the pattern in real life and impossible in a photo (at least with this photographer).
 
And this is where I am heading.

 
And that is pretty much as far as I got, because this gadfly has sprung off into another direction altogether, and started yet another project.  But as it is primarily yellow, I shall keep you in suspense until tomorrow when I post my RSC post on my yellow creations.  LOL.
 
Remember I did a post here about all the things my creative friends get up to on a Friday?  Well this is Fiona's quilt - all the blocks waiting to be sashed.  Today she was putting the final borders on.  Isn't this stunning? 


Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dasha! Love the colours you chose for your new project.... my favourites blues and greens! Your friend's quilt is fabulous! Have a lovely weekend! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting a new quilt is the perfect antidote to wallowing in despair over ufo's. lol Looks like a lot of fun and your friends quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog