Thursday, 26 March 2015

A Bit of Pink

Today I decided to try and progress the baby quilt I am making a little.

I am at the boring stage of adding the white triangles to two corners of the pink squares, and then checking them for size.  So to break the monotony, I decided to piece a few of the squares into blocks.  Don't they look cute?

 
The pattern is called Road to Tennessee and I used the tutorial I found on Sarah's blog Sew Me.  I used this block as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge last year, and made one up in all the colours.  The blocks are still waiting patiently for me to do something with them.
 
I have a halo.  Can you see it glimmering and shining above me?? LOL  Why, you ask.  Well way back in the last century, or that's what it seems like, I told you about this bag of scraps I was gifted.  In reality it was in October 2013 when I first showed you this photo here.
 
 
The bag was so heavy, I couldn't lift it.  And this was some of what was inside that bag.

 
My friend Jan came by one day and helped me attack it, (see my post here)and although we did heaps there was really more than half of it left when she left.  And then I added my scraps to it over the months.  Get the drift - there was a H.U.G.E. pile of scraps to process.  They have been lurking under my work table in my sewing room and irritating me, so a couple of weeks back I decided to do something about it.
 
I set myself up in the living room in front of the TV.  This is my set up.
 
 
Each night I have chopped a little, and then a little more.  See that pile on the far left of the photo?  That is all that is left of that humungous bag of scraps.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and maybe soon my living room will be tidy again.
 
I've put a lot of the squares & strips I cut away already, but here is the result of some of my chopping, waiting to be put away.

 
That is why I am crowing about my halo. LOL 
 
Now I need to get back to that little pile and chop it all up.......
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching

5 comments:

  1. Your pink blocks are very pretty, Dasha. Looks like you're going to be kept busy for quite a while cutting up all those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pink quilt is lovely..........goodluck with the scraps.............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dasha love the pink quilt and boy you sure have cut a lot,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must cut my scraps into manageable pieces too, that's a well deserved halo girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserve that halo, honey! Wow -- that's a big pile of work. Careful with your hands! But I know you will make lots of amazing quilting projects with all that. Can't wait to see it all!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog