Thursday, 12 February 2015

Several Finishes

If you are visiting from the Grow Your Blog Party, my post for that is here.

I have been a busy little bee in the last couple of weeks.  Too many blog visits (for the Grow Your Blog Party) and not enough blogging!  LOL.  So now I need to show you what I have been doing.

First off the rank I think is the quilt I finished for Aussie Heroes.

 
I first told you about that quilt here.  For this I put together some blocks made for a BOM by the AHQ Community.  I did have to make a bunch myself though.  It is a flimsy and I won't be quilting it, so it will go to Jan-Maree next time I go to Sydney that way.  I need to make up a second one which is still at the "pile of blocks" stage, but they are not at the top of the priority list at the moment.
 
A couple of weeks back, I finished off the commission quilt I am making.

 
Thankfully the girl loves it and will be taking it to a long arm quilter at her leisure.  I will get it back once that is done to put the binding on. 
 
Next up is this little lap quilt which I have made for Stitching Hearts.  I first told you about it here.

 
If you have read that post, you will know that I found the medallion in my cupboard during a clean up.  I also found the pile of dire HSTs.  I duly unpicked every single one of them (yes, I know I am an idiot!), and then selected those I wanted to use in this quilt, and paired them up with some cream tone on tone, which actually looks rather nice.  That is what is in that second last border. 
 
Now you are going to want to go refresh your memory of the dire triangles, aren't you?  I'll wait while you go do that...... 

..... see what I meant?  Anyway, I took it to Cabarita last week, and the ladies seemed to think it was all right.  Now to work out what to do with the bazillion HSTs I still have in that little plastic baggie.  Thankfully they are all minus their dire partners. 

Last of all, the saga of The Dress is over.  It. Is. Done.  And I have worn it, what's more.

I told you of the disaster here.  The upshot of the deal is that Spotlight were great, and found me a half metre of the fabric in their Campbelltown store (thank you Mr. Spotlight).  It arrived at great expense - that half metre cost more than I paid for the original 2.25 metres.  I'd bought the first lot on sale, and this lot had postage on top of the full price of the fabric.  Oh well, at least the dress is now made and wearable.


 
The Man got cross with me and kept telling me to stand still and not show off.  But hey!  This was my moment of glory on the cat walk and I had no intention of standing "up straight"

Now that's done, I'm heading downstairs to do some sewing.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching

12 comments:

  1. Goodness you have been busy lately. Such a good feeling to finish a quilt and begin looking for other things to finish. So glad you finished your gorgeous dress and I love that you modelled it so well, a true pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So busy! What a great quilt for the Aussie Heros! And that dress is great. I haven't made any clothes for myself now for years! Too caught up in quilting.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol yes we had a great party with sooooo many blogs to visit! I haven't even paid them all a visit. Your quilts and dress are gorgeous! Wishing you a beautiful day ~ Wendy of Apple and Apricot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dasha love your new dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice dress; I wish you lived nearer then you could help me adapt patterns to fit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new dress, well worth the extra money spent on it I say! and yes I agree you go girl and do your catwalk modelling :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy, Dasha. Your dress looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all your finishes. and you show off that dress. go ahead. you deserve it. he should have given you a cat whistle instead of scolding you LOL love the Aussie Heros and as for those triangles, make them into snowball corners by stitching them onto squares or rectangles. just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My! Looks like I have to move to Australia to be as lucky as you! haha I did visit your country a few years back and found it lovely! Have a great week and congrats on the wins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a hoot :) And a nut too! All your projects look challenging, and require extra work, and then they all turn out looking fabulous! Really, all three of the quilting jobs here look excellent. I LOVE the deep blue of that Aussie quilt. And the other two are sheer elegance. And the dress looks lovely on you -- so summery. (sigh) I miss summer dresses. Good job, Dasha!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog