Saturday, 24 January 2015

January Blues

No not the depressing kind, but the Rainbow Scrap Challenge kind!

Firstly this week, I made up another three little Twinkler Stars.  I now have 5 of the small sized ones.   Love these!

 
Then I made up some Bow Ties. 

 
I have seen them around a lot on the Net recently.  Sharon at Vrooman's Quilts had some pretty straightforward instructions here.  Hers are much bigger than mine - I used 3" squares for the bows and 2" ones for the centres.  The block measures up an 5.5".  One of the people I follow on Instagram @redandgreenquilts said recently that they are addictive to make.  They sure are!  I had not intended on making as many as I did.
 
During the week I had a birthday.  And was absolutely spoilt by my daughter and my 3 lovely grandies.  Here is my booty:

 
A self sharpening ruler; a fat quarter and a "Beetle" bag (project bag)

 
My gorgeous girl made the bag.  So useful.  It has two pockets and a pin cushion on the inside of the front and back cover, and some little zip baggies in clear plastic to pop the blocks or embroidery or whatever into for travelling or just keeping things neat.  I can see this being used a lot.
 
We had a sumptuous afternoon tea, and then played Carcassone.  Have you ever played that?  It was a Christmas present to my Dearly Beloved, and we have had great fun playing it.
 
This week I have also finished up the quillow I was working on last week.  Here it is all folded up into its pillow....
 
The Front

The Back

Linking up this week to Angela's RSC link party at soscrappy.  Why not go and take a look at what others have done this week.
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

21 comments:

  1. Many happy returns, Dasha. What a collection of really useful presents.
    I love that Winnie- the-Pooh fabric in your quillow; you're so lucky to have found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you. Nice thoughtful gift too. Well done on the finish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. I love your Twinkler star blocks. I am enjoying making little blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Great blue blocks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday week to you . . . love those twinkler star blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of your blues. Love your bowties. And Happy Birthday to you...may it be your best year yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! I'm glad it was full of stitchy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! Those blocks are darned cute. And the quillow is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blue blocks. Bow ties and twinklers - so cute. HBD. What great gifts for a quilter! The little project bag is so adorable and useful too - bonus. Nice finish on the quillow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy B'day. I'm impressed by your project bag. What a thoughtful daughter you have there. I'm going to have to look up that game. Never heard of it but we are a family of game players!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! Neat present!
    Love your blue blocks. You've had a good week : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scrappy projects are the best right? Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Dasha. Wishing you all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! Looks like you made quite a haul.

    Love all your blue scrappy blocks. I want to make a bow tie quilt, it's on the to do list. Looking forward to seeing yours come together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Dasha. Love love all your blue blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your January Blues! The bow ties are wonderful. I had a birthday this week too. Hope yours was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday Dasha. Lovely gifts and such beautiful blocks too x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a perfect week. Happy birthday! Sounds like you enjoyed your celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday love the little Twinkler Star blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A happy late birthday! Great bag and such pretty star blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooo - what lovely stuff! The quillow is so cute -- love that lavender star print, so happy :) And the project bag your daughter made is really, really neat. What great ideas for the inside! That will be perfect for doing stitching when traveling. We addicts to handwork need all our gear around, don't we? :) Happy birthday, Dasha!!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog