Sunday, 25 January 2015

Grow Your Blog 2015

2 Bags Full
 

If you are visiting me for the first time as a result of the Grow Your Blog Party - Welcome! 

Firstly, a little bit about me.  My name is Dasha, and I live on the gorgeous NSW Central Coast, with my Dearly Beloved and my furry baby, Tibby, and not all that far from my daughter and her family of 3 girls, and little 3 month old foster son as well.

I can't remember a time that I haven't been involved in craft.  I started with dressmaking, and progressed through knitting, cross stitch, embroidery, and patchwork.  Now my craft revolves around my grandies and the charities I support.

I have had my blog now for 2 years - my second blogaversary was just 2 weeks ago.  Mostly I blog about twice a week or so.  I blog about:

The beautiful place I live....

 
My little scamp Tibby, appears now and then.
 

 Sometimes my garden gets a mention.  I'm a pretty terrible gardener but I love it nevertheless.
 
 
Occasionally my grandies make an appearance, but generally I don't like posting photos of the kids on the Net.
 

 
Most of the quilts I make these days are for charity, and I am very involved in a group called Stitching Hearts.  You can read a bit more about them here.


I also make quilts for Aussie Hero Quilts and sometimes laundry bags too.  Aussie Hero Quilts is an organisation which makes quilts for Australian service men and women who are deployed overseas.  You can read a bit more about them here.

 
You will have gathered by now that I like scrappy quilts.
 
And sometimes I'll show you bits of my embroidery.
 
 
Sometimes I talk about the things that are uniquely Australian too.  I'm proud of my country, and I know that many of my readers like the blog posts I do about  our animals....


and the countryside too....


If you would like to see some more of my work, you can take a look at the tabs at the top of this page, or take a look at some of the previous posts you'll see under the heading Blog Archive on the right. 

If you would like to see some of the other blogs participating in this blog hop, you will find them at Vicki's blog, 2 Bags Full which is here.

I do hope you have enjoyed your visit to my little world, and that you will come and visit me again.  Please leave me a comment so that I can return the compliment and visit you.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching

32 comments:

  1. It was a great tour of your interests... fingers crossed for you to "grow your blog".
    It's always nice to visit you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun, Dasha - thanks for sharing! We'll have to sit down & have a virtual cup of tea someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting Dasha,Thankyou for sharing I always enjoy my visits here,hope you are having a lovely weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice to have a 'look around' your house and where you live Dasha. The flowers in your garden sure don't look like you're a terrible gardener!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dasha. It was lovely to find out a little more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy a visit to your blog Dasha, it's a breath of literal sunshine as well as interesting. What are those hairy bush come trees in your countryside pixies? Lol
    they look so weird!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you Dasha! It was fun to see that we have several things in common including quilting for soldiers, scrappy quilting and many of the blog groups/challenges we belong to! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting post and photos as always. Beautiful quilts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ♥ your biscornu. So lovely. And of course, love your wonderful quilts that I get to see now and then. It was interesting to learn a little bit more about you. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. visiting from Vicki's list , i am a Ga. quilter and am now following you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your work .. and glad to have you as part of the GYB party!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm already a happy GFC follower but enjoyed getting to know ya even better through this very wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so dedicated to giving! What an inspiration.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ive just hopped over from vickys blog party. I love your biscornu cushions. it was nice to see photos of wild australia too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi from Nova Scotia Canada , nice to meet you and see your lovely work . I'd like to come back again to visit so will be following .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Dasha! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and I have really enjoyed my return visit here! Loved seeing the Australian animals and countryside... so different to here! Hope you have lots of visitors from the GYB party and I will be back to visit again! Love all those beautiful scrappy quilts too!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Visiting from GYB. Beautiful part of the world you live in. Love your quilts and embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Dasha, A fellow Australian although I'm from Victoria (don't hold that against me :) Love your quilts and the embroidery and your grandies. I am besotted with my little one, he's 15months and I sew for him as much as I can. Found you on GYB and will be visiting more often.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the introduction. You are very busy and very talented. I have been looking at the stitchery lately and wondering how hard is it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun hobbies! I enjoy looking at your pictures. I'm from Canada and it's so different up here (snowy and sunny right now). Enjoy the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed looking through some of your colourful finished projects and seeing some of the photos of the unique animals that you have in your area. Thank you for having us over!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Dasha. Your quilts and stitching are gorgeous. So glad I was able to visit your blog and I will definitely be back. Cheers, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Dasha, I'm visiting from the GYB party, thanks for visiting me too. I loved reading about you. You certainly do live in a very beautiful place, the quilts and stichery are beautiful. I have a friend in Australia that is also involved in making quilts for the Aussie Hero's, a very good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your blogs are lovely, and Im so happy to meet you and join them....I came over from the GYB party....Thanks for having me.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice summary of your blog world, Dasha! I enjoy reading here so much.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Dasha.
    It's nice getting to know you a little more. Lovely family you have and I love your biscornus. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Dasha, pleased to meet you! Love your biscornus, so pretty.

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Visiting from GYB, what a great post! Love the pics of the country and animals. I don't know much about Australian geography, what is NSW? North South West?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Visiting from GYB, your post is just wonderful. I really like the pics of the lovely area in which you live. Your stitch work is beautiful as well as your quilting. I hope one day to visit your lovely country and see all the wonderful areas that I have only seen in pics. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Dasha, it's nice visiting you! The area where you live is so beautiful, I loved seeing photos of it. And your quilts and embroidery pieces are gorgeous! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog :) I will be following you through google+ and feedly. Wishing you a beautiful day ~ Wendy of Apple and Apricot

    ReplyDelete
  31. This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site. http://imagesearch.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was made with a Blogger template.

      Delete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog