Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Goodies for the Stash

Welcome!  If you have come to visit me from the Grow Your Blog party, the post I did for that is here.

Otherwise, please feel free to keep reading.

In the past couple of weeks I have had a lovely time adding to my stash.

First up Jan and I decided to pay a visit to the Crewel Gobelin in Killara on the way to Stitching Hearts a week or so back.  This is a specialty embroidery shop which is seriously divine.  I had been there before, many, many years ago, but this was Jan's first visit.  We were like a pair of kids in a lolly shop.  LOL

Here is what I bought....

 
From the top, clockwise:  A little kit for an embroidered pincushion with embellishments; a tiny cross stitch pattern - gift for my birthday from Jan; some 25 count even weave linen; crushed nut shells; and 5 skeins of embroidery thread I had never seen or used before - samples to trial.
 
The threads
Left to right: Rajmahal Art Silk, shade 94; Weeks Dye Works, Hand Dyed Pearl Cotton 5, Fawn; The Gentle Art, Claret, hand dyed variegated stranded cotton; Weeks Dye Works, hand dyed stranded cotton, 2338 Purple Rain; Gumnut Yarns, hand dyed stranded silk, No. 563.  This last one is an Australian thread so I was particularly keen to trial it.
 
My lovely man gave me this book for my birthday....
 
 
He did have a little bit of prompting from yours truly.  LOL
 
Then I found this at Craft Depot at Pennant Hills....
 
 
 
A fat quarter bundle of 5 fabrics from the 3 Wishes Line.  Not really what I usually buy, but I love it!

And lastly, today Jan and I drove up to the mountains to check the accommodation for the retreat we are organising in May.  It was a truly revolting day, winter temps and bucketing with rain.  It was hard driving.  On the way home we stopped in Glenbrook for a yummy lunch and then paid a visit to Post Office Patchwork.  I just love that shop - not a centimetre of fabric that I would turn my nose up at.  And joy of joys, there was a sale on.


From the top:  One of the fabrics from the new French General range; Civil War Tribute Collection by Marcus Fabrics and the yellow is a Riley Blake, pattern C4063.

There are so many gorgeous fabrics in that shop that I have trouble choosing what to buy.  I am on a budget and its almost too hard to choose, so sometimes when I go I actually come out with virtually nothing because I couldn't make a choice.  Do you do that?

Hope you enjoyed sharing my little shopping excursions.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

9 comments:

  1. Hello Dasha! Wow! You certainly added some wonderful new threads and fabrics to your stash! What a great way to overcome the miserable weather!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great additions to your stash - I especially love the 3 wishes fabric !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely purchases there, Dasha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely treasure. Your threads look beautiful. There is something wonderful about new threads. I have used some gumnut thread on my crazy patch blocks and I quite liked it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dasha wow lots of wonderful goodies you bought,love the new French general,enjoy playing with these my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! That bundle of fabric looks like something I would have bought too : )
    Lovely purchases

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dasha... very lovely stash building going on there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dasha. What lovely purchases and presents. The threads and fabrics are beautiful & I'm thinking I might have to track down a copy of that book. Hope you had a lovely birthday and that your weather has improved. We have been having hot, muggy days with some thunderstorms here in Perth - the sort of weather you normally get in the north west! Cheers, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am often shopping-challenged, and come out of stores with nothing. Shopping really isn't my thing. If I'm yarn shopping for my "business" and have sales and coupons, then I can do some serious damage :) But that happens only once or twice a year. Your finds are lovely! I'm very curious about the crushed nuts. What in the world are they for, in the stitchery world? Do they stuff a tiny pillow and smell good? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog