Sunday, 21 December 2014

Two Finishes & a Flimsy

A few days ago I finished up Susan's quilt.  If you've been following along, you'll have read that I began this as my NewFO & Lets Book it Challenge in October.  I wrote a blog post about my progress here.  Life got in the way a bit but now its at the flimsy stage.  I will be taking it to Stitching Hearts to be quilted after Christmas.  I am really happy with the way it has turned out.
 
 
The background is in two different turquoise fabrics, and I have laid them out in pinwheels.  The circles are placed randomly.
 

Also about a week ago, I got the binding on Karen's quilt finished.  This was also the October NewFO and Lets Book it Challenge, so I can put a big tick on that.  Done!  This quilt was quilted by Robin.

 
Last Monday, I had a text from Robin to say she had finished quilting Linda's quilt, and that I could pick it up from her sister who lives not far from me.  So I dived down to Ettalong to pick it up, added the binding, then took it to Jan to sew down.  Thank you Jan, you are a lifesaver.  This quilt was a collaborative effort between Jan and I.  Its come up OK too.
 
 
With four of the five quilts completed, Jan and I set off for Wickham on Friday.  Here is the boot load of donations we took. 

 
I wrote up a special post about the trip on the Stitching Hearts blog here.  Do take a look at it, as there was heaps going on.

I have just realised that it's almost time for my second blogaversary in about 2 weeks.  Never imagined 2 years ago, that I would still be blogging 2 years later.  I shall have to put my thinking cap on and plan a giveaway.  Stay tuned.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dasha,boy your quilts are wonderful and its a lovely thing you are doing,enjoy your evening my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful effort Dasha... And for a great cause... Well done
    Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hohoho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts, especially Karen's quilt is a topper! I love those framed four-patches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your 2 year anniversary...........time flies when you having fun...............looking forward t the next 2 years..........

    lovely quilts..........

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog