Sunday, 14 December 2014

An Afternoon Creating

A few days before we left to go to Queensland, my middle grand daughter, Miss 11 phoned to asked if she could come over for a visit.  They live just up the road from us, so we decided on an afternoon after school.
 
When she comes over, we often have afternoon tea and then play board games, but this time she was wanting to do some creating.  I had not prepared anything, but luckily I had a couple of kits left over from when I taught a card making workshop to the ladies at my local church earlier this year (you can see what we did here).  So we used those.
 
We changed up the design a bit, but there was lots of stamping....
 
 
And cutting involved.....

 
We had to coerce the Dearly Beloved to capture us both on film.  Perhaps there was a bribe of an afternoon tea involved.
 
And this is what we made.....
 

The colour is a bit washed out in that - the cards are a pretty pale sage green.

Love the grandees just popping in for a while.

This last 10 days or so have been hectic.  Lots of Christmas parties and finishing up of things that I usually have to do, like voluntary work etc.  My "days off" have been filled with all the mundane things like washing and groceries.  I just wish we could spread out the Christmas parties throughout the year to make life a little easier at the end of the year!

Till next time.....Keep on stitching

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful afternoon for you both to spend together. It's such a great photo of the 2 of you. Your cards look great!! I know what you mean about busy times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Test comment to check if there is word verification on....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dasha,what fun ,i do this with my grand daughters quite often,yes if these xmas parties could be spread out through the year,we would cope better,enjoy your evening my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special time spent together. Sure to remain a treasured memory for your Granddaughter. I love your cards. They are so soft and pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. always fun to create with grandies. my 2 grandsons want to make a gingerbread house Christmas Eve. I cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet -- both that you have a common interest and joy with your granddaughter, and that she would ask to come! What sweet memories you will both have of these times! And the cards are very beautiful. I'm amazed at what has happened with card-making in recent years.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog