First up I made 2 x red Jacobs Ladder blocks. Red was the colour for July. I am now all done with the reds.
I was trying to be tricky with these and made the left hand block in maroons and claret colours, and the one on the right with the bright reds. But with the dark reds, I really didn't have enough of the lighter contrasts, so I did something I haven't done for the entire challenge - I repeated a bunch of cream fabric squares with dark red stars on them for the 4-patches. You can see them running from bottom left to top right.
On a roll, I kept on with the Jacobs Ladders and made the light green ones for the month of August.
Again, I grouped the dusky light greens on the left and the brighter ones in the block on the right. This time I managed to have every square different.
The last block I made, was the scrappy 25-patch in light green.
I think I have now caught up with all the blocks, and I will be able to move onto orange. But before I do that, I will have to chop a lot of scraps into squares so I can use them :(
Linking up at soscrappy with this post. Go take a look at what others have done this week.
Til next time.....Keep on stitching