Saturday, 27 September 2014

(Almost) the End of the Oranges

Today is the last Saturday of the month and that means a link up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at soscrappy.  The colour for this month has been orange.

I was away last week end and did not get a chance to write a post of my progress, so today I shall show you what I achieved in the last two weeks. 

I have been away, and have also had family staying with me for several days, on top of my usual busy life, that meant that I had only snatched minutes through the past couple of weeks in which I could sew.  So, without further ado....

Two Jacobs Ladder blocks.
 
 
One scrappy 25 patch block.

 
And one Road to Tennessee Block.  Still my favourite!

 
I still have to make some Road to Oklahoma blocks for last months pale green colour and for the oranges.  I have 3 days at home starting tomorrow, so guess where I am heading??
 
Do take the time to go visit here to see what else people have created.
 
On another note entirely.  My wonderfully kind Dearly Beloved came home the other day with a tablet for me.  In his interests of course, so that he could reclaim his.  LOL.  I have been coming to grips with various apps & things.  Do you read your Blog reading list on an Android tablet?  If you do, do you use an app?  Would love it if you could leave me a comment and tell me what is best to use.  I have been accessing Blogger to read the Blogger reading list there, but I find it a little clunky.  Thanks heaps for taking the time to fill me in. 
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

18 comments:

  1. Such a great variety of oranges you had to play with.Have fun in the sewing room and playing with your new tablet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block Dasha. I do have a tablet but reading my blog list on it? Ha! ha! ha! You are a funny girl. It is forever in the hands of one of the boys, playing some game, or checking something. I always use my computer. Good luck with the catching up on sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on an iPad all the time. I just open each blog from my blog page. That's how I remember and keep up

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy on the road and with company but good for you to steal a few minutes for yourself. I love to see your Road to Tennessee each month. I don't personally own a tablet so can't help there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use a paid app Blogsy on my ipad. I would think that there is probably a version for Android. It took me a little while to get used to it but there were videos to watch which helped. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just reread your post and realised I didn't answer correctly. I use Blogsy to post on my blog but I use Feedly to read my blogs. Once again I would think that there is an Android version. I can read blogs on my desktop using Feedly as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these blocks! I look forward to seeing your rainbow scraps quilt blocks come together each month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your blocks. Can't help on the Android, I'm afraid - I have an iPad. It's OK for reading, but for writing comments it's useless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Road to TN is my favorite too. No help on the tablet apps from me, but good luck figuring out the new system.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your orange blocks all look great, it's hard to pick a favorite.

    I use Feedly on my I-Phone and lap top. I love it. I have a Nook tablet, there is no Feedly app for it. I use Bloglovin on it, but don't like it near as much as Feedly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't read on a tablet as a lot of pics are too small or don't open up. Don't know why.
    I like mine for games and internet while watching tv. Multi tasking. Love your blocks so much. I think it's awesome you'll have so many colorful quilts at the end, Dasha. Wondering how you will set and quilt them! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use Feedly on my iPad, but I'm sure there's an Android version available. It took some time to figure everything out and get it set up to my satisfaction, but I'm very happy with it. Great looking orange blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look fabulous I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Road to Tennessee is one of my recent favorites, too. So cute and scrappy. Could it be my trip to Gatlinburg coming up on Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the blocks are looking great. You will have some awesome rainbow quilts before you know it.

    I still have an xp computer so don't look to me for answers!!! I'm an Information Technology Officer for a group of medical labs - some in hospitals so when I get home from work I really want to stay as far away from technology as I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blocks are bright and beautiful and lovely shades of orange.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Dasha you do such lovely work,i love the oranges,sorry i have been for a visit sooner,but its been a bit crazy at home.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The orange blocks look great! I am looking forward to seeing what the finished quilts look like. Hey - looks like I may actually have worked out this commenting thing too. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog