Thursday, 28 August 2014

Mystery Stars is Quilted.

I finished off quilting Mystery Stars this afternoon and galloped outside with it to photograph it before the sun disappeared over the horizon.  So nice to see some sun after days of rain!

 
This quilt is a collaborative quilt made by a number of Aussie Hero sewers and I told you about it here.
 
I did lots of loop de loops on this with random stars.  Tried to get a star in the centre of each block, but it didn't always happen.

 
I used a rayon embroidery thread in royal blue in the needle and a dark grey in the bobbin, which blended quite well with the backing fabric.
 
I am getting better with the loopies.  Not showing you the dodgy ones LOL.

 
On the wording I did naïve outline around 1/4" out, and an occasional tiny star for interest.

 
 
I also quilted the recipient's name into the quilt, but I am not showing you that for privacy.  I generally do that when I quilt one for AHQ to personalise it.
 
I have chosen a royal blue and black striped fabric for the binding, and will be making the binding on the bias so the stripe is on the diagonal.
 
 
As it is the first time I have quilted in ages, I thought it was appropriate to link in to Pretty Bobbins for I Quilt Thursday.  Take a peek at what others have done.

Do you follow Red Brolly?  I wanted to share with you that there have been a couple of great posts lately, full of information.  The first was on how to store quilts and the other was on preparing fabric for embroidery.  Hope you find them interesting.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely bright quilt sure to brighten the recipients life. I love the aussie saying. Your quilting looks good to me Dasha. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks fantastic Dasha. Love that saying on it!
    Thanks for the links to some interesting reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt and I love the quilting. I'm sure the recipient will treasure it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt...your quilting looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very pretty, Dasha. I love the curlicues you make and the stars. So nice.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog