Saturday, 23 August 2014

First of the Light Greens

What with being away to Moree and a few other things, I haven't had a chance to play with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for weeks.  This month we are revisiting green, but this time it needs to be pale green or bright.

I remedied the issue this afternoon, and decided to tackle the Road to Tennessee block.  I love all the RSC blocks I am making, but on balance I think that this is my favourite.  This is what I came up with:

 
I couldn't believe how hard it was to find 16 different pale/bright greens!  I mean I have an obscene amount of scraps - everybody gives me theirs.  I ended up having to cut into some yardage to get the variety I needed, which really peeved me when I looked at all those bits and pieces of fabric I have. 
 
Getting much better at piecing this block - got all the seams ironed in the right direction this time.  'Bout time too, only 8 months into the challenge!  LOL.
 
To see what everyone else is getting up to with their greens, take a look at ScrapHappy Saturday.
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching

9 comments:

  1. Even though I do love green, I don't have a lot of green scraps. Must be frugal with my green fabric LOL. It's looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it so much easier to piece when all the seams are pressed in the proper direction and everything just buts up perfectly? Lovely block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of these - crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful light and bright green collection. Your block does look perfect -- those pesky nesting seams can be a trick. 8 months in -- I'm already planning for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I ever get everything pressed in the right direction. Arghhhh.

    Lovely block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dasha I love these blocks as well,I am really liking the colours,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful block! Even with a lot of scraps it can be hard to find just one shade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the x blocks in the Goodnight Irene sew along.
    With so many projects already on hand, I'm not sure when I will get to making more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's brilliant how you found enough fabric to make this block without repeating yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog