Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Prepping on a Tuesday

I had a bit of time this afternoon in my workroom, so I decided to do some prep work.

First up is a Green & Gold quilt which I will be making in honour of the Commonwealth Games which start in Glasgow this week.  Green and Gold are the official Australian team colours.  If you remember, I have been making a quilt in the colour of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Yellow was the colour for June and I haven't made a yellow quilt yet, so I thought this would be an apt one to do.

So today I cut all the squares necessary for a Disappearing Nine Patch quilt.  I haven't made one of those for a very long time.

 
I also decided that I would make this an Aussie Heroes quilt, although the Commonwealth Games will be long over by the time I finish the quilt and get it into the post.

Last night I finished off the fourth and last corner on my Lets Book It project.  So I needed a new hand project to work on in the evenings.  I am going to do a workshop at the craft group run by my local church in September, so I thought I should do the samples.  I am going to teach Michelle Ridgeway's pattern Christmas Hearts (with her permission - thank you Michelle!).  You can buy them on her blog here.  It is only one of heaps of cute little stitchery patterns she has there.

I prepped all 4 of the little stitcheries in the pattern booklet.  I will do these as samples and let the people choose which one they would like to do.

 
Before I get onto that, I need to do some embellishments on some secret sewing.  I finished the project off yesterday and it only needs a little tweaking, so that is the first cab off the rank tonight.  Here is a teeny weeny peek. 

 
Tomorrow I am off to Jan-Maree's to spend the day sewing for Aussie Heroes.
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching

1 comment:

  1. Those hearts look sweet, and put me in the mood for winter :) Yippee! I know you're IN winter right now, but we're sweltering (ugh). Happy sewing with Jan-Maree!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog