Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Mid-way Round up for the Rainbows in my Life

Today is the actual mid-point of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and Angela is doing a special link up so we can show off all our blocks together.

Soscrppy
 
So far, the colours have been as follows:  January - blue, February - Pink, March - Teal. April - Purple, May - Green, and June - Yellow.  July is red, but I haven't made anything for that yet.
 
I am making 4 different groups of blocks for each colour. 
  • 8 x Road to Oklahoma blocks which measure 6.5" unfinished.
  • 2 x Road to Tennessee blocks which measure 12.5" unfinished.
  • 1 x scrappy 25-patch which measures 13" unfinished.
  • 2 x Jacobs ladder blocks which measure 9.5" unfinished.
This morning I laid them out on the floor, in the only spot where there is enough floor to do that.  And here they are.....
 
Road to Oklahoma
 
 
This layout above is completely random, but I think I prefer it when the blocks are in groups of four of the same colour.

 
Road to Tennessee

 
Scrappy 25-Patch

 
Jacobs Ladder

 
 
I so enjoyed working with a single colour for these each month, that I decided to make a lap quilt for Stitching Hearts in each of the colours.  Mostly, they haven't been made in the appropriate month.  But Hey!  Who cares, its fun.  So far, I have.....
 
Purple People Eater:
 
 
I know this has been quilted, but I don't have a photo.  Will have to see if I can rectify that tomorrow.
 
Green Beans Please
 

Still needs borders.  I am not happy with what I have on hand, so I am going to see if I can find something suitable in the charity stash at Cabarita tomorrow.

Blue Nines



I have begun the borders on this one.  More on that one as it grows.

There's also Pink Fizz, but you will have to wait for the next post before you can see that so as no to spoil the surprise. 

I will leave you with a photo of the cat that knows just where the best spot in the house is at any given time of the day.

 
Now that you have seen all my goodies, why not pop over to Soscrappy (here) and see what others have made.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

15 comments:

  1. Love what you've made so far. I agree that the second layout of the Road to Oklahoma blocks is far better. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too prefer the color grouping in the Road to Oklahoma. Such pretty blocks and love the idea of your quick quilts in the colors. Maybe that will be my hand project next year each month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. I do like the grouping on road to OK as well, it really screams RAINBOW, but without being obvious about it. So many great blocks. You will have such a treasure of quilts to put together at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you sure have made a lot of blocks. They all sparkle and I agree about the Road to Oklahoma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been really busy. Great projects! I agree about the Road to Oklahome--keep the families together. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these projects you have going. The Road to Oklahoma is definitely calmer in groups of four: I'd keep it that way. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so beautiful. I'm not sure which is my favourite. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a busy bee! I love your rainbow quilts. It's such a fun idea to work with a single colour each month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your projects to date! I also like the Road to Oklahoma in the color blocked setting - it makes a secondary pattern more obvious. The Purple People Eater is a hoot! I may have to try that as I have purple scraps that will never end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous pink and white, funny how things have to sink in before we can see whats needed to make it right isnt it!
    Im alone I know, but I prefer the random Oklahoma, it seems more scrappy and yet still with pattern.
    Some amazing finishes here...... lots of wrap around hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Road to Oklahoma done random, it just sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my. So many beautiful rainbow projects! I love all of them. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dasha--you have some great RSC projects going on! I prefer it with the four blocks of the same color together too. Also love the Road to Tennessee blocks, really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great variety of blocks. The Road to Tennessee and the Road to Oklahoma blocks really look great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Road to Oklahoma blocks. So pretty with all the different colours!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog