Friday, 27 June 2014

Lets Book It End of Month Link Up

This being the end of the month, the Lets Book It link up has gone up,

 
So I thought I should show you the progress I have made.  And there has been some progress!
 
If you remember, this is what I said I would make.

 
You can read about it all here, and here, but if you remember, I also said that my version would not look anything like that.  Mainly because the pattern called for Broderie Perse applique, and I didn't have anything suitable.  [Broderie Perse applique is the term used when you cut an entire design out of one piece of fabric, in this case a spray of flowers, and applique it in its entirety to a background fabric]
 
I have overcome my anxieties, and have cut the corner pieces.  (Thank you to those of you who sent me lovely comments to help me with the Maths for that).  I have combined a couple of applique designs to make up my own take, and this is where I am at.
 
 
The corner piece on the right is complete, and I have done the first stitches on the one on the left.  I do like it! 
 
Here is a close up of the completed corner, complete with a crinkled bit (I could have straightened that before taking the photograph!  But I didn't notice that until it was time to write this post, and now its pitch dark).
 
 
You can see the other brilliant projects here.
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching

6 comments:

  1. wow Dasha this is stunning i love it,well done my friend its so pretty.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great. I love how you've used your own applique design to make it more personal xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - very pretty and I love that you used your own design. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is looking wonderful!! I hope you get more time to work on it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those corners look great. I really like how you're making it your own. I think patterns are just suggestions and are always better when we make them our way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and I love how the change is flowing to green with the change from the original charm squares you had planned to use. Great work on the substitute applique design! I agree with Dana most patterns are just suggestions and you can do whatever you need to do to make it work for you!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog