Saturday, 14 June 2014

June is Yellow

The colour of the month for June for the Rainbow Scrap challenge is yellow.  I had an hour of blissful stitching this afternoon after the Garage Sale, whilst ignoring the chaos around me.

I managed my first yellow block, and chose to do the Road to Tennessee block this time.

 
Linking up with Angie at Soscrappy.  Go on.  Take a look at what the others have made this week.
 
We were up at sparrows this morning to set up for the garage sale.  We couldn't anything much last night because the area we set up in was not secure. 
 
Bunting on the telegraph pole and on the car port. 

 
Miss 11 did the 3 signs for me. Two were out on the main road and this one was facing the traffic coming down our street.
 
It was a totally miserable day.  Raining until about 11.30, and cold!  Didn't deter the bargain hunter who arrived at 6.50am just after we had started setting up, and while it was still dark!

 
We (my daughter & I) set up in the paved area at the front of the house because there was more room than in the car port.  It was also sheltered from the rain.   

 
Looking from my daughter's end up towards mine.  We had about half the "stuff" each.


This is from my end.

The result was pretty disappointing.  The ad was not in the paper, so we relied on the Second Hand Saturday list on the Council web site (which was hard to find), and the signage on the road.  Plus the rain was off putting I'm sure.  Not a good return for the hours spent on sorting, pricing and set up.  The best customers came when we sent Miss 13 up to the main road to wobble board.  We sold more in the 45 minutes she was up there than in the entire morning!  We packed up at midday.  Well you live and you learn. 

I shall have to make a decision on what to do with the remainder (the bulk of it!)

So til next time.....Keep on stitching

16 comments:

  1. Sorry the garage sale was a bust. Still a good excuse to clear out some things though. Love your yellow blocks. So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Road to Tennessee is very pretty. Love the bunting around the pole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only time I attempted a garage sale, the rain thwarted me as well!

    Your blocks are very crisp. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yard sales are so weather dependent. :( Good weather - great sales. Bad weather - poor sales. Sorry to hear it could have been better. Love the yellows in your Road to Tennessee. What a great block for busting the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Road to Tennessee blocks. Sorry the garage sale wasn't more successful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun Road block; it looks so bright and cheerful. That's a pity about your garage sale, but perhaps the weather was just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Road to Tennesee blocks! Gargage sales are so much work, sorry you didn't have a better result. I always send my left overs to Goodwill, but you might give it another shot since you look like you have a lot to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your happy Road to Tennesee block!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely to see those sunshiney yellow blocks on this cold and grey day! What a shame about your garage sale. Could you wait till spring to have another garage sale, maybe people were just staying at home yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blocks. You have some very bright and cheerful yellow fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how you have arranged your shades of yellow... it's very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the yellow block looks good............shame about the garage sale..........I live where I can't have one.........no one would travel out.........

    had trouble with the word verification...........
    http://chookyblue.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/comments-aaarrrrrhhhhhhh.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. at least your blocks are successful!! Love them, makes me want to make some.
    We have never, never had a successful yard sale here. DH made me promise in blood there would never be another. Can't promise that totally, might have to call it a garage sale despite not having a garage! One woman came up within two hours of starting, and asked what we would give her for free. Just like that. LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your yellow Road to Tennessee blocks. What a good block pattern for the RSC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm -- sorry about that! It is disappointing when you've done so much work to prepare the stuff! A garage sale I had with my sister-in-law in Iowa years ago turned out similarly. Then ... you have to take all that good stuff in to donate somewhere after all. You could save it all, boxed and tagged, and have another sale on a sunny day, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those yellow blocks.

    I would give the garage sale another go on a sunny day. Plus, I think quite a few people probably wait until after midday to come back and see if things have been marked down.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog