Saturday, 21 June 2014

A New Linky

Sharon, over at Vrooman's Quilts posted a link to Val's Quilting Studio.  Val has been blogging for a year, and has put up a linky party, the idea being that you link to your first ever post.

I went back and took a look at mine - first time in forever.  Made me smile.  I had read blogs for a while, then decided that I wanted to comment, so set up a blogger profile, but me?  Blog?  Terrified!  Finally I bit the bullet and put up my first post.  It was such a frustrating experience!  I really struggled with creating the blog, and with writing the post, and with uploading that photo!  Got there in the end though and even managed the photo.  Want a peek?  Its here.  Go take a look at some of the others here, its great fun. 

Do you remember your first ever comment?  What about your first ever follower?  It was so exciting.

Now, 18 months down the track, I have written my 150th post, and had my 10,000th page view. 

Now for something quilty.

Yesterday at Friday Quilters I started the next block for the Civil War QAL and last night I finished it.  This is Block 4, the Canada Star.


It was so funny when I started that block yesterday.  I tipped all my Civil War stash out to do the cutting, and all the little pairs of eyes lit up, with accompanying "oohs" and "ahhs".  A few minutes later, there was a burst of laughter, and when I turned around I realised that Raelene and sneaked up behind me and nicked a piece.  No sooner had I noticed that, than I saw Fiona's hand whip across the table for a bit of paisley.  And that's from a bunch of women who never use Civil War fabrics!! 

I am now only one block behind in that quilt along, so that is good.

This afternoon, I am planning to make a few Road to Oklahoma blocks for the RSC, in yellow.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching

3 comments:

  1. Thats a fun idea for a linky party. I think my first post was a bit boring. I didn't think it was really going to work. Your block is lovely. Have fun sewing with yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this block Dasha,and what a fun idea for a kinky party.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right! It really is so fun to take a look at our new posts as it's really affirming of how far we've come!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog