Saturday, 17 May 2014

RSC - May is Green

I have been working with Green for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge the last few days.

First up, I made my Road to Tennessee block at Friday Quilters yesterday.

 
And here are all the RtT blocks set out together.

 
Then today I set to and made the scrappy 16 patch.

 
Now all I need to do is make the Road to Oklahoma blocks and I will have done the challenge blocks for this month.  I am way behind with my Civil War BOM.  With a bit of luck I'll get at least one of those done before the month ends and I am hit with yet another block.
 
This afternoon I finished making the centre of the green medallion quilt I am making.  I spoke about that earlier this week here
 
So the centre is done and the fabric on the left is what I plan to use to set it on point.  It is a tone on tone cream and will have some applique on it.

 
I didn't think this one through though.  There are several squares in there which are directional, such as the horses dead centre.  I carefully set those blocks all one way so that they would be going the right way, completely forgetting that the centre would be on point!  So the horses will be galloping on the diagonal in a downward direction.  Boo Hiss!!  I could easily have substituted something else for those squares, but I thought the horses in particular were fun.  Oh well.
 
Hooking up to Angie's RSC post here.
 
Til next time..... Keep on stitching.
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Super green blocks, as usual! I like the medallion quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty green blocks. Great progress this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horses are just running down a hill! Lots of pretty green this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Dasha,it is lovely though.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The greens in your Road to Tennessee provide such a nice transition of colour. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your RtT blocks! Very bright and cheerful. I agree with Deb, the horses will just be running up or downhill depending upon the slant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your road to Tennessee blocks are very pretty. I will be looking forward to seeing them all together as a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been quite productive playing with your greens this week. I don't think the diagonally galloping horses will be an issue to anyone but you. I think it's a stunning effect without looking at the specific fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Road to Tennessee blocks! That is going to be a great quilt. Isn't it fun working with a different color each month! Great job getting all your blocks made for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Road to Tennessee blocks and all the colours together so far look so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blocks. Road to Tennessee is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks are really coming together! Annoying about the diagnal horses!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog