Thursday, 29 May 2014

Retreat Part 1

Have you been over to the Blogger's Quilt Festival yet?  I have entered my Summer Evening in a Garden Maze in the applique section.  I would love it if you could pop over and give me your vote here
 
Last Thursday some of us from Friday Quilters set off on a Quilt Retreat to lovely, leafy Katoomba.  For those of you who live o/s, Katoomba is dead west of Sydney about 100km.  For us on the Central Coast, this means we head south towards Sydney, then skirt around the north of the city until we hit the M4 which takes us up to the Blue Mountains.
 
Our car stopped for a break at Glenbrook, and we just happened to waddle off down to Post Office Patchwork.  I showed you the goodies I bought here.
 
After settling in and a late lunch got stuck into some sewing.  Here are some of the action shots from the weekend:
 
Joyce getting a lesson on FMQ from Di
 
 
Robin with a Trip Around the World quilt she completed over the week end.  She quilts with me at Stitching Hearts

 
Raelene concentrating hard

 
Joanne preparing to quilt a UFO
 
 
Rosanne & Robyn. These two were totally engrossed in their work. 

 
Fiona.  These were the sashing strips for a charity quilt our group is doing.

 
Evelyn - another Stitching Hearts friend.  She powers through an awesome amount of work.  I lost count how many quilts she made over the week end - 3? 4?

 
Georgina pulling a face

 
And me.  Jan is in the background.  I have not posted the other photo I took of Jan.  My life would not be worth living if I did that.  LOL

 
More photos next post.
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.
 

4 comments:

  1. so glad you had a great time Dasha,i am off to vote for you now.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dasha how do i vote i clicked on your quilt and it took me back to your blog,theni went back and i couldnt see anywhere to vote.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Dasha all done i have voted for your gorgeous quilt,good luck.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! You're so funny :) I did pop over to the festival and couldn't see where exactly (or how) to vote, so I left a comment saying I would like to vote for your quilt, on the applique page. I hope that is enough! Yours (in my opinion) is truly the prettiest, most elegant one.
    Glad you had a getaway with other quilters. Looks like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog