Thursday, 8 May 2014

Making an IPod Cover

Have you ever made an IPod cover?

It is my 10 year old grand daughter's birthday tomorrow, and I thought I would make an IPod cover for her.  I searched the web, but was not successful in finding a pattern or even a photo of one so I could get some ideas.  So I had to fudge my way through.  Here is what I came up with.

 
She loves yellow, so that is what I selected.  I love that fabric.  It is so bright and cheerful.  The little label is an iron on one I had in the cupboard, a discard from another project.  I did stitch it down though for extra strength as I guess that area will have lots of wear.

I put a yellow gingham in as a lining.  And a small piece of Velcro as the fastening.

 
There are two pockets - one for the IPod, the second is for the earphones.  That second pocket really caused me some grief!  That is my mobile you can see lurking in there - her IPod is the same size.

 
I also bought an ITunes card which I will slip inside the cover, and a wooden puzzle game.  She is fond of Rubik's Cube style challenges.
 
We are going over on Sunday for lunch.  The weekend is also my daughter's wedding anniversary and Sunday is Mother's Day.  So lots of presents being exchanged.  Our gift to them for the anniversary is to replace all the power points and light switches in their house, which means yet another job for the poor son-in-law!
 
My Mother's Day present is happening on Saturday.  My son-in-law, who is a builder, is coming to put in shade cloth over our little indoor courtyard.  The original disintegrated a couple of years ago, so it will be good to have that again.  The plants will definitely be happier as it is like a sauna in there on hot days.
 
The Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour for the month of May is green, so after completing the IPod cover, I went and sorted the greens.  I am planning to make some of the blocks for the challenge at Friday Quilters tomorrow. 
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dasha what a lovely gift you have made for your GD,have a lovely Sunday.xx

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog