Monday, 21 April 2014

The Last from the Quilt Show

Here are the last of the photos I took at the Central Coast Quilt Show last week.  From your comments, I think you have enjoyed what I have posted.  Hope you like these too.

Hand appliqued, hand quilted.  Beautiful work.

 
A kaleidoscope quilt, machine quilted.

 
Here is a close up of one of the circular blocks.  Isn't it interesting?  All of the blocks were different, and were constructed of 16 pie shapes, which gave the illusion of a circle.

 
This was a pretty quilt.  The two blocks gave the quilt a lot of movement. Machine quilted.  Nice pin wheel border too.

 
Fussy cut hexies appliqued to a fussy cut background.

 
Another hand appliqued, hand quilted quilt.  Have you guessed that I like that style of quilt??

 
Close up of the stunning work on that border.  The triangles are prairie points.

 
And a version of the Quilt of Crosses.

 
And last but very definitely not the least, the miniature whole cloth quilt exhibited by my friend Di. 

 
It was the only whole cloth quilt at the show, and one of only 3 or 4 miniatures.  For me, it was hung too high - they all were.  I thought it needed to be at eye level so you could easily see the quilting on it.  I thought the miniatures would have benefitted if they had been hung together, and a bit lower.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching

3 comments:

  1. these are stunning Dasha.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were some beauties on display for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have loved to be with you and see all those beauties! My favorite was #4 -- the white background with the vines of leaves and red border lines -- I don't know the correct terminology. It looks so clean, so amazing. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog