Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Lets Book it Challenge

Earlier this year I decided to join in at the Lets Book it Challenge, and since its the end of the month its time to show my progress.
 
http://vroomansquilts.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/lets-book-it-april-link-up.html

I started this little lap quilt for Stitching Hearts in February, and the construction dragged on through March.  I am happy to say that at the end of April it is finished!!

You can see my original post here

 
It is was super easy, and a fun quilt to make, so I think it will appear regularly in the Patching Pixies workroom in various guises and colours.  It only took so long because I was firstly away on holidays, then sick for virtually a month, then I had to get "Summer Evening in a Garden Maze" finished for the quilt show, then Easter fell on me.  It is finished now and I am happy.  It will go with me to Cabarita on Thursday.
 
My next project is inspired by this pattern by Dianne Tresize which appeared in the magazine Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol. 16 No. 1 from October 2007.   I think that is old enough to qualify for the challenge, and I haven't made anything from this issue yet.


 
BUT.  If you have read my blog for a while, you will know by now that I very rarely follow a pattern!  The centre of this quilt uses 4.5" squares, and I have a rather large pile of pre cut 4" in lovely earthy tones in the cupboard, so that is what I will use.
 
 
Obviously I will have to jiggle the measurements as 4" blocks don't equal 4.5" blocks!  The pattern also calls for broderie perse in the corners, but I am planning to find a suitable applique which will fit in the area, as I don't have a fabric I can use.  So you see, the result will not look at all like the original.  But that's fine by me.
 
Watch this space to see more on the progress.
 
Meantime, I have linked this post up to the link part at Vrooman's Quilts, so do go and take a look at what other people have made this month.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your project. I do love your next venture and the fabrics you will be using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your progress on this one Dasha.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish. The lap quilt is cute! Looking forward to seeing your new project progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is so cute, I love the little stars. I'm with you, I think patterns are just a suggestion, :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stars in the sashing. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the stars in the sashing! And the fabrics you chose for your second adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the finished quilt - the stars look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo from the magazine is SO pretty -- love the rosy colors. Can't wait to see what you make with that pattern! The green one is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog