Tuesday, 15 April 2014

A hectic weekend.....

or maybe, a whole week!  Today is an "at home" day, and I honestly can't remember the last time I had a whole day to my self at home (not counting when I was sick in bed) without having to go out for shopping, or the dentist or some other thing.  So what have I done with my day?

Cleaned the kitchen.  Yikes you say.  What a thing to do on your day off!!  Well it had to be done.  And I even got to the two display shelves which are too high for me to see the dust on, heh heh heh.  You know what that means?  I can't see them, so they don't get done, so they were putrid.

I paid some bills.  More yuk.  At least I won't get the red ones LOL

Then I finished off some secret sewing, so I can't show you a pic.

Then I made two lots of binding.  The first is for this...

 
This quilt was the February/March project for the Lets Book It challenge.  The photo doesn't do the fabrics justice.   It is lap size, and I will be taking it down to Stitching Hearts next time I go.  The green fabric was donated by Julia - a perfect match, thank you Julia.
 
The second lot of binding was for Julia's Blocks which I completed last Friday at Friday Quilters. 

 
I didn't have enough of the green and was lucky enough to get the last half meter at Lincraft last week.  Bonus is that it was on sale.  This lap quilt is also going to Stitching Hearts. 
 
Its difficult to see the pattern on the sashing fabric so here is a photo of the sashing and the green.  I think it is a perfect match for the lovely fabrics Julia used in the blocks.

 
Just as a matter of interest, this quilt was at the Central Coast Quilt Show.  Recognise the blocks??  Amazing how the choice of colour changes the appearance of a quilt.  The quilter obviously attended the same class Julia did.
 
 
On Saturday I went to snoop at the Wedding of the Year.  Raelene's daughter married Fiona's son.  Both ladies are from Friday Quilters, so I wasn't going to miss out on that one.  The groom and his groomsmen wore kilts, and looked very dashing.  The bride was absolutely radiant in a lovely bewelled dress. 

Then on Sunday Di, Joanne & I went to the quilt show. 

 
We met up with Cheryll, a bloggy friend of mine who blogs here.  It was the first time I had met a blog friend and it was lovely.  The four of us spent the afternoon together.  Cheryll ran the Santa Sack Swap which I did last year, and she is so much fun.  I forgot to take a photo of the two of us!!
 
Here is Miss 8's quilt - she calls it "Pretty Patches".

 
 
And drum roll please!!  Miss 8's quilt won one of the Viewer's Choice awards.  Best part is that I got to choose the prize as she and Mum had gone home by then!  I selected a parcel containing a quilter's ruler, a 6.5" square ruler, a Rule Steady handle and some non-slip stuff to back the rulers.  She should be all set now with a supply of rulers.

There were some really lovely quilts on display.  Here are a couple for you to enjoy.

Stunning quilting.....

 
This is the whole quilt......
 
 
And a cute cot quilt, one of two very similar ones.....

 
I will post some more photos in my next post.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

4 comments:

  1. Good times and wonderful quilting! I know what you mean about the day off and filling it with things other than quilting. Sometimes it just piles up.:) Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some gorgeous quilts there and I especially love your quilt that you are standing in front of. Congrats to your very clever daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous quilts and well done Miss 8,So glad you got to meet Chez she is so lovely and so much fun to be with,hope you have a lovely evening Dasha.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Miss 8, she did very well. Good prize too; nothing like having the right tools for the job. Have a good, even if busy, week.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog