Sunday, 9 March 2014

Working with Teal

This month's colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is Teal, or any colour between green and blue.  I would not have said I had a heap of that, but it turns out I do, at least enough to give heaps of variety for a scrappy block or three.

I dragged all of my pre-cut squares upstairs and had a lovely time the other night sorting through them all in front of the TV to find what I needed to make the blocks I have set myself for the challenge.  I managed to find almost everything I needed and only had to cut a few.

So Friday morning at Friday Quilters I set to and constructed two of the blocks.  First up is the Road to Tennessee.

 
I am absolutely loving this block.  I have big intentions of creating a whole quilt from it for Stitching Hearts.  Mind you these blocks are going to Stitching Hearts too when the challenge is done at the end of the year, but I want to do one sooner. 
 
Next up is the scrappy 25-patch which I am making from 3" squares. 

 
This particular block I have got organised chaos going on. Can you see that I have tried to create a bit of a design with the darker shades in an "X" across the block?  Perhaps that's not what you should be doing with a scrappy block, but there you go, it is done.
 
Linking up this week with the RSC14 link at SoScrappy.  Do go and visit a few of the other blogs for a sneak peek at their creations.  There is such a variety of teal goodies being presented!
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

12 comments:

  1. I love your Road to Tennessee block! I always like the look of a 25 patch scrappy quilt. Can't wait to see how these turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, organised scrappy is still scrappy! Great blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to create order among your scraps you should go for it. Lovely shades of teal. The Road to TN is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks...love the road to Tennessee blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Road to Tennessee is beautiful! I really like the colors. The Scappy-25 is very nice, too, and I was able to see the X in the middle(once you mentioned it)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an interesting use of squares, just shading darker will create a larger pattern. Clever you.
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lovely pattern, with gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Road to Tennessee. The teals are great. The 25 patch with the sorted scraps to create an x is very subtle. I think it's perfectly proper to sort scraps. Scrappy doesn't necessarily mean unplanned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always like to see patch blocks. They always turn into beautiful quilts. I really love Road to Tennessee blocks. This will make an awesome quilt,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these blocks! You have some beautiful scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favourite is The Road to Tennessee I always think it looks great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so springy - i love the colors. so great!! ( :

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog