A few days ago, I pulled out an exceedingly old project. Back in something like the mid 1990s, one of the ladies in the sewing group I used to go to back then brought in a bunch of granny squares she had begun & never finished. (Thanks Maggie. Where are you these days?)
There were 14 of them, and they were just the first 3 rounds you can see in the photo above.
I had them for a long time before I got around to doing much with them, and then I had to set them aside still unfinished because I found that I couldn't crochet any more because my hands hurt too much. This is what they look like now.
I have all 14 built up to the black round on the outer perimeter; 2 sets of 4 are crocheted together into a larger square as above, and the rest are loose.
I am planning to make 2 more new ones to bring the total number to 16 so that I can set it 4 x 4. This is going to be fun, as I actually don't know how to start something like this off. I did some trawling today and found a tutorial on how to get going, so shall have to rely on that. None of the original wool of course, so I will have to scratch around to find something that works. Once these extra 2 are made and its all crocheted together, I will take stock and see if I need to make it much bigger.
I am hoping my hands hold out. If not I will do it in dribs and drabs. But it is time this project was finished.
Wish me luck!
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.