Saturday, 22 February 2014

A Quick Pink Post

Its been a long day today.  We have spent 7 hours of it travelling - only one hour in the air, but getting to the airport and then hanging around for a couple of hours was a bit chunk of that.  But we have free Wifi in the hotel at Broadbeach, so I thought I would put together a quick post to show off my pinks.  I have posted about most of these before, but I thought I would recap on what I have done this month for the RSC.

First up there are 8 Road to Oklahoma blocks:

 
And one scrappy 25-patch block:
 
 
And 4 Road to Tennessee blocks:

 
And last of all 2 Jacob's Ladder blocks:

 
I initially envisaged putting the blocks together in solid blocks of colour, but on Friday I laid some of them out, mixing up the colours.  It looked terrific, so now I can't wait to see what they will look like when all the other colours are done.

I am linking this post up to the Rainbow Scrap challenge linky party at SoScrappy.  Do pop over to see what the others have done.  There are some great creations going on.

We have a free day tomorrow.  We are close to the beach, and to the shops, there might even be a long walk on the beachfront too.  Monday we are planning to hire a car and go inland to visit a National Park.  Then it will be 3 days of full on bridge.  More about that later.

Enjoy your weekend.

14 comments:

  1. You were definitely in the pink this month. Beautiful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks, Dasha. I love the way the star comes to the fore when you put the Road to Oklahoma blocks together. Enjoy your bridge week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a travel theme going on with all these roads in your quilts. The blocks are great and I agree with Marly about the stars in Road to Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing all your wonderful pink blocks together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a very productive month! What a great collection of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pink blocks. Enjoyed reading through your Blog this evening. Your Garden Maze quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your scrappy pink blocks look beautiful! Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great collection of pinks you have for the month. Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully Sunday was a great day away for you. Time away from routine is always appreciated.
    Great group of pink blocks here. I've been tempted to join the RSC fun, but I haven't jumped in yet. Looking forward to seeing how they all go together for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blocks are pretty, but the big news is your reading list! I didn't know a new Maeve Binchy was released!! I immediately ordered one from our library, thank you so much! I love the community of bloggers
    LeeAnna Paylor also keeps a reading list on her blog
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, so many blocks! they look great, you'll have fun deciding on your final layout.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog