Sunday, 12 January 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014 Week 2

I haven't had much time to sew this week, with several busy days. 

Thursday we went to Sydney with No.1 grand daughter to buy an Akubra Hat.  She is doing agriculture at school and attending cattle shows and field days, and evidently this is part of the dress code.  It was a fun day with a visit to the Strand Arcade and the Queen Victoria Building too.  I'll do a blog about that later, but I took a lot of photos of the floors!!  They have the most beautiful tiled floors, on all three storeys of the QVB building.  What do you think?



Friday was the first day back for my Friday Quilting group, and boy was it good to catch up with everyone!  I didn't do all that much sewing because I was gas bagging too much LOL.  Then in the afternoon I had to get to and organise for Saturday's lunch.  And Saturday I had a group of 8 friends come up from Sydney for lunch.  They all pitched in and helped with the food, but it was still exhausting.  It was over 30C yesterday, so I couldn't set up the table outside, and the 10 of us were jammed into my tiny dining area.

Nevertheless, during this week, I did manage to put together two more of the Road to Oklahoma blocks.  I do think that is better, so I guess I will be making 8 of these blocks for each colour in the RSC2014

 
There are now two full stars in the secondary pattern.  I used the tutorial on Amy's creative Side I found here for these blocks.  It is a great tutorial.  I am going to have fun with the placement of these blocks because I put in some directional fabrics.  Silly me!
 
I also made a block of 25 x 3" squares.  I was inspired by this quilt by Red Pepper Quilts I found on the web at some time or other.

 
The block hasn't done much damage to the 3" squares pile, but at least there's a few less. 
 
Have you visited my Pinterest page?  I have put up quite a few bits and bobs there in the last couple of months.  And all of the above stuff is on there.  There's a link on the side bar at the right.  I just love the concept.  Everything I see that takes my fancy goes up there now so that I can see immediately what inspired me, and there's a direct link to the right page.  Heaps better than simply bookmarking a site and then having to trawl it to find what it was that interested you in the first place.
 
I am linking this post up with the link party at So Scrappy.  Tons of eye candy there - go take a peek.
 
Also.  Don't forget to check out my Give Away.

Off to make some more RSC blocks - today I will be making Road to Tennessee blocks.

Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

6 comments:

  1. Road to Oklahoma, road to Tennessee. I am sensing a theme. The postage stamp block is so cute, are you going to do the little pinwheels in the cornerstones from the inspiration quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blue fabrics and blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks - perfect for the RSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabrics; I love the Road to Oklahoma arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty and I love the scrappyness of it

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog