We went off this morning and bought a new Dishwasher. WooHoo!! When we had the new kitchen put in a couple of years ago, we decided that the old dishwasher could last a little longer. So that was a few less $s we needed to fork out. Well today was the day that we actually did it.
We chose a Fisher Paykel
It was actually a difficult decision, which pretty much boiled down to how much we wanted to pay. They all perform the same function, they are in two colours - white and stainless steel, and are all the same size. Not like a fridge or vacuum cleaner for example where all the manufacturers present you with totally products. It will arrive in a few days.
So after lunch I cast about what to get busy on (bad grammar, can't be bothered fixing it). With a dozen things I could be occupying my hands with (more bad grammar), I chose to pull a kit which has been languishing in the bottom of the to do bag at the back of the cupboard, and got stuck into that.
It is dead easy. Why have I put off making it for so long?
You start by sewing three strips together, and then cut the shapes from that. Here they are on my machine table ready to be pieced.
And this is what it looks like at 3.30pm when I stopped to blog about it. All put together, and waiting for the lining.
I chose to use some pellon and quilt it, to give it a bit of stability. It would have been easier if the pellon was iron-on, but I didn't have a piece big enough for that, and I had some plain pellon which needed using up, so that is what I used.
This project will do nicely for the NewFO challenge for the month of January, although hopefully it won't be a WIP for long or worse still a UFO! If you want to find out a bit more about the NewFO Challenge, head over to Cat Patches to see what it is all about.
Now to go and do a bit more on the bag.
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.