Thursday, 2 January 2014

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all my lovely followers; the numerous visitors; and the people who took the time to leave me a comment through the year.

 
 
To each and every one of you I wish you much health and happiness and many, many hours of quilty pleasures.
 
For me it has been an interesting journey, because my blog is almost a year old.  A huge learning curve and a huge leap of faith that people out there might actually be interested in what I had to say.
 
The first comment appeared in May - about 5 months after I started chatting away to the world.  What a thrill to see that!!  Thank you Angela - I know you read my blog regularly and big hugs and kisses to you for giving me such a boost.  About the same time a follower appeared.  Can you remember how fantastic that felt?
 
I guess that was when I realised just how important a little comment can be; what a morale booster, and so I began to leave my comments everywhere.
 
About that time too, I started to add my link to various linky parties going on around the place - I think the first one for me was the Small Blog Meet at Lilly's Quilts.  A big thank you to Gemma who suggested that.  And then I joined the Santa Sack swap, which was great fun - my first on-line swap.  I now regularly join one of the linkys listed on the right of my page. 
 
In 2014 I am planning to join the Rainbow Scrap Challenge run by Angela at Soscrappy and the New FO Challenge which Barbara runs at Cat Patches.  Later in the year when it is announced, I plan to join the Santa Sack Swap again.  Who knows what else will take my fancy.
 
So as a thank you to all of you lovely supporters, I thought I would do a give away.  Stay tuned for that, I will announce it in a week or so, hopefully on my blogaversary. (I gotta go and plan that first, tee hee hee)
 
Til next time......Keep on stitching

2 comments:

  1. It's quite the journey isn't it? It took me awhile to start commenting too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read lots of blogs and rarely comment. You do a great job and I love reading blogs like yours. Happy blog-aversary!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog