Monday, 6 January 2014

Boring Bills

Today I bit the bullet and sat down to attack the mountain of papers on my desk and the bills that were lurking in there in need of payment.  I do hate doing that!  It interferes greatly with my quilting time.  LOL.  Still I did get a fair bit done, and then I had to go to the Osteopath.  First time I've been for 6 weeks, and he was quite pleased with the way my back has held out.

On a more exciting note, I did manage to put together another Challenge block for Aussie Hero Quilts.  This time, everyone who went to the Christmas get together at Jan-Maree's was coerced asked to take a block of fabric home with them to make a block.  Dead easy challenge - a 10.5" block of your choice.

Here is what I came up with:


Actually I struggled with it.  The fabric was such a beautiful piece, that I did not want to chop it up.  There are actually very few blocks you on which you can base a full 8" square.  I ended up finding the perfect scrap of gold fabric to frame it with, but it was not wide enough to bring the block to 10.5" square, nor was the scrap long enough to go right around the block.  So there is a 1/2" green border then the gold, then another 1/2" green, on two sides.  Sort of Attic Windowish.

This afternoon I was reading Sharon's post, her blog is Vrooman's Quilts. She has come up with the idea of a "Lets Book It" link party.  The ideas is that everyone has a bookshelf stuffed full of quilt books, and almost everyone has never made anything out of them.  That is me, me, me!!  So the challenge is to go find an old book that has been sitting around for yonks and make something from it.  Love that idea.  It ties in perfectly with the NewFO link party at Cat Patches.

So that's it for tonight.  I am off to pick a book of the shelf at random and tuck into my dessert - strawberries and ice cream.  Yum! 

Til next time.....Keep on stitching.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun challenge. I hope you come up with something lovely. Beautiful block. It really does highlight you fabric nicely.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog