Monday, 14 October 2013

Teaching an Old Dog Old Tricks

Monday last week was a Public Holiday and also the last day of the School Holidays here, so Miss 10 came over to spend a couple of hours with me.  We baked a yummy slice, and then she begged some wool off me.  We proceed to play "strings", although in my day I think I called it "elastics".  With enormous confidence I prepared to make the "Cats Whiskers", but failed miserably!! 
 
So what do you do in the modern age, when all else fails?  You Google it of course!  We found a YouTube tutorial which showed us how to make a Teacup & Saucer, the Cat's Whiskers and a Star......
 

Emboldened by my success, I asked if she knew how to do the Harbour Bridge.  Of course I had forgotten that too, so the Net helped out again, except that those over the Pond call it Jacobs Ladder.   Missy 10......

 
And the Old Dog can do it too (but needed help from BOTH the video AND the 10 year old!!)
 

 
Don't ask me to repeat it.  LOL.  That's why there is a photo for posterity!
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching (or playing strings, *wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog