Thursday, 3 October 2013

Scraps, scraps 'n more scraps

Yesterday I told you I have been gifted with an enormous bag of scraps......

 
It was daunting!  I kept walking past averting my eyes.  Eventually I opened the bag, and here is some of what was in it.

 
The scraps were sorted (sort of) into colour families

 
There are loads of strips, and a few squares of all sizes.  Very little over 4" in width.  And a lot of crumbs.  For me there is a lot which is far too small to work with.  I know I am a mad squirrel, and I keep lots of tiny bits, but I draw the line at anything less than 2" square.  So there is heaps there like these bits, which you can see aren't even 1". 

 
This woman must have been very prolific, possibly a teacher, and definitely a long arm quilter, because amongst the bags I found quite a lot of backing fabric, some of which was a decent width, still attached to wadding.  Yep.  You got it.  I was unpicking that last night!
 
It will take me months to sort through those bags.  And then there is the issue of storage.
 
Tibby wanted a game this morning.  She is 4.5 years old, but still loves a game.
   
 
Peek-a-boo is a favourite.  Also football when she can talk Mother into playing with her.  She has a decrepit little mouse which has lost its whiskers, one eye and most of its fur, which she bats up and down the hallway.  None of the other toys, and there are many, are a patch on Mousey, and rarely get played with.
 
 
The mouse slides in a very satisfactory manner on the polished boards when whopped with a paw, and is very obliging about being caught in a corner to be killed with furiously flailing paws.  Mother is the bunny who will go pick Mousey up and fling it to the opposite end of the hall.  Sometimes, but not often, Tibby is obliging enough to bring it in and drop it at your feet.  It often ends up under the fridge, where we spend hours trying to retrieve it, rear end up, paws as far under the fridge as possible.
 
But Mother is a no-goer this morning.  I am off to Cabarita to have a Stitching Hearts day.  Enjoy your day, I know I will.
 
Til next time...... Keep on stitching.

2 comments:

  1. you sure do have alot of work ahead of you sorting all those scraps! but just think about how much you can do with them! BTW Tibby is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...... such fun you will have sorting through your scrappy treasures!! Imagine what you will whip up with those. Love your Tibby, such a sweet puddy cat!! Just visiting from the bottom of the world via 'Lilys Small Blog Meet'.

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog