Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Di's Blocks

A couple of weeks ago my lovely friend Di, with whom I do patchwork on Fridays, gave me an enormous bag of fabrics for my Stitching Hearts charity group. 

Amongst these, was a plastic bag jammed to overflowing with co-ordinating blocks which she had made a long while ago and never used.  The blocks are all pretty florals in various shades of blue, pink & white.

So here is what I have come up with so far.  You note the use of the term "so far"?  I said that because there are still heaps of blocks in the bag.  I don't seem to have made much of a dent in the bag.


This is the first one I made.  I roped my ever willing friend Jan in to help, and we got the entire top finished in one Friday morning. 


The same Friday morning that Jan & I worked on No. 1 quilt, I noticed that Fiona & her son Zach were sitting watching me sew.  I asked what was up, and Fiona said that she had finished all she could do.  I asked if they would like to get on with sorting and organising the next quilt for me.  Zach's face lit up, and this is what they came up with.  They had constructed the entire quilt before the end of the morning and all I had to do was put the borders on.  Thanks heaps Fiona & Zach.



And this is the third quilt, which I started last week and which Zach helped me lay out.  He even stitched a couple of rows for me.  I finished it tonight. 

All three are ready to go down to Sydney tomorrow to Stitching Hearts.  I imagine 3 dear old things being dead pleased to receive one of these in the near future.

And I anticipate that there will be enough blocks to make at least 2 more lap sized quilts.  Good on ya Di!!

'Til next time........ Keep on stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog