Saturday, 23 February 2013

Adventures with Black & Yellow Final

Its finished!!  What do you think?



It has been raining steadily for the last couple of days, so unfortunately I had to take the photo anyway, as the quilt had to be posted.  The colours have not come out well in the photos.  Boo, hiss.  The yellows are gorgeous vibrant colours, & the strips on the two long sides have a black & white Celtic knot on them.  The middle strip is black & yellow squares with a trefoil in some of them - you can see some of these in the photo below. Some of the 4 patches are made from a fat quarter I found with vintage cars on them (think they are Cadillacs but I am probably wrong).  


I stabilized the quilt by quilting in the ditch on either side of the narrow yellow strips and also between each of the checked squares & four patches.  I then free motion quilted each of the squares in the four patches  from corner to corner in a lozenge shape, and  carried the same design through to the checked squares.


The two side strips & the middle one, I quilted with spirals which you can see fairly clearly on the back of the quilt. 

I should probably have put more quilting into it, but we are off tomorrow for a week in Queensland, and I was too pressed for time.

It was posted this morning to an Aussie Hero in Afghanistan.  Yep.  I did say this morning.  We are particularly fortunate in having two post offices within a few kilometres, both of which are open on Saturdays.  I can't remember seeing a post office in Sydney open on a Saturday since some time in the 1970's.  Who said we in the Country are behind the times!

Til next time ........ Keep on stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog